- 1 trip to Elmer's for 2 big orders of German Pancakes. Gotta start the day out right!
- 2 trips to Home Depot. The first trip was for tools and the second was for more tools and topsoil, which we totally underestimated how much we'd actually need. Guess another trip will be necessary tomorrow! (Levi did get a cool wheelbarrow out of the deal and I almost peed my pants laughing when I heard that he pronounces the word "Wheel-barra")
- 1.5 trips to the dump. I say 1.5 because we drove all the way up there in Levi's dad's '55 Chevy truck only to find out that they don't take debit cards. We had to drive to the nearest grocery store, which isn't close, and buy some soda so we could get cash back. In the meantime I had Lola sitting on my lap, hitting my ear with slobber while she stuck her head out the window.
- Pulled massive amount of weeds and chopped several giant roots from one of the backyard's trees. We still need to cut down the tree that's dead but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
- Laid 15 bags of topsoil and evened out about half the yard.
- Argued plenty about who knew less about yard work. I'm pretty sure it's a tie. I'll be shocked if we actually still have sod and flowers this time next year!
Actually I've had a lot of fun today and I feel more like a home owner than ever. I can't wait to do more this weekend and hopefully the sod and flowers can be done within the next month. My mom and Bruce will be here the second weekend in May so as long as it's done by then I'm happy.
I'm going to take a shower now, I'm so itchy from all the dirt that made it into my shirt and bra!


3 comments:
Wow I am impressed! Yard work is HARD work! I'm counting down the days until I can plant the daisies I've been waiting to plant. I'm getting rid of some ugly irises. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flowers?
You made me snort with the weelbarra and dog slobber! I wish we were there to help you! Other peoples work is so much funner than your own :-) Don't plant your flowers too early...
I can't wait! Homeownership sounds so grown up! I love the pictures of you two and I love your bikes!
Post a Comment