
I'm halfway through my 32nd week of this pregnancy and I was browsing the What to Expect When You're Expecting website and I found a list of symptoms that I could be feeling this week. I have to say, I'm pretty lucky. The symptoms I have are manageable and non-icky.
According to the website, the 32nd week could bring the following:
Flatulence. Awesome. Icky, but so far not too much of a problem....I think.
Bloating. Oh yes. My ring is leaving a nice deep impression on my finger and my sock lines are out of control. (Remember when Carlie Paige was little and was obsessed with sock lines? She would have loved mine!)
Constipation. Again, icky, but not too much of a problem. You wanted to know that, right?
Occasional faintness or dizziness. Not too much, unless I'm trying to put on shoes, then I'm ready to pass out right then and there.
Hemorrhoids. Gross. And luckily not a problem for me.
Leg Cramps. Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. This is the number one symptom for me. The crappy thing is, they only kick in right when I get into bed, so I spend half the night trying to meditate my legs into submission by thinking things like, "Don't think about your legs. They're not cramping. You're on a beach and your legs are covered in sand...." etc. It doesn't work, but I'll keep trying.
Itchy abdomen. Eh, a little, but nothing I can't handle. My legs get super itchy though. Oh and my feet and my arms. So I guess everything EXCEPT my abdomen itches.
Enlarged breasts. Levi wishes! Luckily my heaping bosoms have stayed the same huge size they always are, but I suspect that's going to change in the next few weeks. Blegh. Boobs are the worst.

Some symptoms that the website fails to mention, but I'm convinced apply to me are the following:
Extreme need of all things fattening/salty/sugary. Needs no explanation, just get out of my way if you see me screeching into the local convenience store parking lot.
A.D.D. When I first started bedrest, I read a bunch of books back to back, now I find that I can't read anything longer than a short story or a news article without getting bored. I also give up quickly on medium sudoku puzzles and I even *gasp* fast forward through House Hunters to see which house they pick. I'm hoping my patience returns soon, but I'm doubtful.
Obsessive list making. I have both mental and physical lists for a variety of things: Things we need next time we're at Ikea, ideas for the backyard, middle name ideas, remaining items needed for the nursery, things we need to study before the baby is born (Happiest Baby on the Block, etc.) and many more.
Continual dread when remembering I'll have to go back to work full time. Ugh. I try not to think about it, but that day is coming soon. I'm sure I'll be a tearful mess that day, and probably several days after that. You should all just stay away from BN for entire first month that I'm back to work, unless seeing an employee bawling her eyes out in the Family/Childcare section sounds like fun to you.
Anyway, as I've said before, this pregnancy has been so much fun and such a joy. I can see why people want to go through it over and over. It makes me feel so special and unique, like I have a secret that only I know. According to my countdown thingy, I have 52 days to go before I pop. I'm going to eat another doughnut and enjoy them!
3 comments:
I want to get in on the Happiest Baby on the Block thing so I can be a helpful caregiver. And you are lucky that you work somewhere where I can bring the baby. We can hide behind one of the shelves while you get your baby cuddlin' fix. :)
Eat Eat Eat!! It's the only time you don't feel guilty. I didn't have a problem with "Hemms" until after delivery. The doctor poked his head in and asked if he could bring some medical students to come in and see them...not my best moment. I'm glad you're enjoying everything, you deserve it!
Have you tried eating a banana for the leg cramps? I heard that helps...I never had those, just heartburn and back aches. Its amazing how you forget all of those annoying things the moment you see the little one. I'm so excited for you! Can't wait.
Post a Comment