Monday, April 23, 2012

Easter 2012

I love Easter, always have. The promise of Spring, the remembrance of the resurrection, the gathering of family, the CHOCOLATE! What a beautiful holiday. Last year, little Hadley was about three weeks old and spent the day asleep in a blanket. This year was much different...she got to go on her first Easter egg hunt! Levi's family meets up every year and has a fun egg hunt, but rather than the eggs being filled with candy, the eggs have a monetary value written on them, and after the hunt you get to redeem your eggs for cold, hard cash. I was super sick with a flu/fever type of thing and had spent the first part of Easter morning at the Instacare office, where I was told, "There's nothing we can do for you, you're just going to be miserable for a while." Gee, thanks! Luckily, my Dayquil kicked in and I felt stable enough to join the festivities. I'm sure glad I did! It was a beautiful day, in fact it was so warm we got to change Hadders out of her long sleeve shirt and pants and into her little sundress. Hadley had a blast hunting for her eggies. Papa Brad and Grandma Julie gave Hadley a cute piggy bank where she could put her money after the hunt. Hadley made out like a bandit and hauled in $25! What an amazing time. I can't wait for all the future years of Easter we will get to spend with our little angel.
Hadley's little cousin Porter. He kept trying to kiss her all afternoon. Adorable!
Hadley thought Great Aunt Terry was very funny.
A nice basketful of eggs!
She works hard for the money!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I was totally waiting for these pictures! She's so cute. BTW have you ever looked at the store Crazy 8? They have the CUTEST stuff for WAY CHEAP.

Heather C. said...

Fun times! Holidays are so much more fun with the little ones!