Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Loving this Weather!


I can't believe how much more of a pleasant house ours becomes when the temperature warms up. Smiles are plentiful and the smell of sun tan lotion fills the air. (Incidentally, my new favorite smell is the smell of Coppertone Water Babies SPF 100(!) on Hadley's skin. I could just die and go to heaven when I smell that.)
In Boise the days are long because we're on the border of Oregon, but we still get to be in the Mountain Time Zone, so in the summer the sun doesn't set until nearly 10:00 pm. With that extra sunlight I have been able to come home from work on days that I open and spend extra time with Hadley. When it's dark and cold it seems like we're just waiting around until bedtime, but with sunshine and warmth comes so many possibilities. We can go for walks, play in the yard, visit a park, play in the swimming pool, etc.



We have made great use of our Kelty backpack and our $10.99 Toys-R-Us cheapie-plastic swimming pool. Also, the garden hose is Hadley's new favorite toy. Turn that sucker on just a little bit and you have to drag her back into the house.
If only I could bottle up Summer in Boise. I would make millions. I have to remember that the long, boring, cold days of winter are worth it when the payoff is walks to the Greenbelt and smelling all the trees and listening to the birds while watching the beauty of the Boise River, especially with my sweet Hadley and Levi.



Due to an extremely warm spring, the Boise River is higher and faster than it has ever been this time of year. The dirt trail is nearly completely flooded and nobody can use several of the tunnels on the paved portion of the trail.

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

Everyday I think, "THIS is the prettiest day ever!" and then I think it again the next day. What a great spring it has been!