Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things around here have been busier than ever and we wouldn't want it any other way. Summer is officially here in Boise and I am LOVING these long, warm days. Last night it wasn't dark until after ten, making me feel like I had more of the day to enjoy.
Hadley has also loved these long bouts of sunshine, still managing to sleep in past 7:30 most days! She still has a long morning nap and about half the time she'll have a shorter afternoon nap. When she wakes up from her nap, she grabs her two soft dolls and hugs them and kisses them. She holds them to her and then twists her upper half back and forth, just like when I pick her up and give her a big swinging hug. It's adorable. I have a video of it, I just need to upload it.









We had a great visit with Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Curt who came up here earlier this month. How can you not have a good time when those two are in town! We had a great time at dinner at Bardenay with them and we also got to go swimming at their hotel pool. Good times! I didn't get any pictures of the trip to the Saturday market, but I know Bonnie got one of me eating my favorite mini-donuts ($3.50 for 12...you can't beat that!) We miss you guys so much!!









We all wish we could look as good as Bonnie!


Levi has been busy with work and comes home pooped most days. I have a long honey-do list for him for the summer, most important of which is moving our. Right now we have a small backyard, but we could double the size of it by moving the fence up so it's flush with the front of our house. I asked for this to be done for my 30th birthday (surely wanting yard work done for your birthday present is a sign of maturity/fuddyduddyness.)
Work has been good for me too. Getting that promotion, I feel, has reenergized me and I have enjoyed the challenge. We've been shockingly busy at work (usually the summer is a bit slower) and it's been neat seeing each day's numbers. Hopefully we stay this busy...money for the store means money for me!
My mom's garden and yard work is looking better than ever. I love seeing all the flowers bloom, I just wish I had a green thumb myself.
We're getting excited for our upcoming trips. In July we're going down for the Allen reunion. On one of the days my family is going to Lagoon and I'm so excited. My mom has volunteered to watch Hadley so I can fully enjoy my trip there. Wicked here I come!! (Mom, seriously, you are the absolute BEST!) We're also going to Redfish Lake in August for a few days and I'm in total countdown mode. I should seriously get an advent calendar to watch the days get closer and closer to that trip. I'd like to go to McCall again in September. We went there last year when the hotel rates dropped and had a great time. We'll see if we can make that happen again. Even though our vacations are only a couple of days and usually within a few hours of our house, we still look forward to them with giddiness.
I only have an hour or so before Hadley wakes up from her nap and I still have oh-so-much to do, so I better wrap this up.

One last thought: It wouldn't be summer in Boise without the random cold day here and there. Good thing she still looks so cute in her winter clothes:




2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh I love that black and white photo of you guys! What gorgeous people! Seriously. And your hair looks incredible! Miss you! I put flowers on Grandma's grave yesterday...one from you and one from me.

Heather C. said...

The picture of Mom and Hadley in the pool is adorable! Do you think Hadley knows how lucky she is to have Grandma Katie to hang out with??