Friday, August 1, 2008

An open letter to a small-minded idiot:

Dear Muddy-Handed Redneck,

Today is a huge day for me (I'm hosting the Breaking Dawn party at my work, which will probably bring in 800 people) and I'm already stressed out enough about that, plus other things going on in my world, and I walk out to my car and find that both my car and Levi's car have been the victim of your small-minded redneckness. You took it upon yourself to scatch up the two Obama stickers on my car and the one on Levi's car and then cover the stickers with mud. Seriously, who does that?? It is my earned constitutional right to put whatever sticker I want on my car and it is everybody else's right to have an opinion about it, but you DO NOT have the right to vandalize my property. This country was founded on the belief that every single citizen has the right to their own opinion, but we also founded laws that prevent harm to those citizen's property if someone disagrees.
Believe me, the stickers were completely harmless, just the regular campaign stickers. I have seen lots of antagonizing bumper stickers around town (things like 'Republicans for Voldemort', which I happen to think is kinda funny) but I've always prided myself in not displaying antagonizing things, knowing that I have friends and family that support different issues and candidates than I do. And that's ok! I like that I have friends and family on both sides, I like that not everybody is doing what I'm doing. That's what makes this country great! I'm just upset that our harmless campaign stickers were ruined. Should I be afraid to put up the yard sign that I ordered? I'm worried you or your other idiot comrades will try to burn it and end up burning down my house.
At least there are two good things that come out of this:
1. You, like the moron you are, had to walk around with muddy hands until you got home, which I assume is a classy single-wide trailer with the undeniable stench of Liggett cigarettes and old Macaroni and Cheese.
2. Almost every other car in Boise has an Obama sticker on it, so you've got a lot of ground to cover, not to mention a lot of mud to carry around, to make a dent.

In closing, you half-witted coward, next time you have an issue with my politics, come TALK with me, maybe even debate with me about what you believe. But do not EVER think you can vandalize my personal property again without facing legal consequences.

Yours truly,
Carly and Levi Gates.

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

I agree, Carly. You have the right to have a bumper sticker, but they don't have the right to scratch it up and put mud on your car. I think that's called vandalism, and that you can get arrested for it...