
Wow! Is it really almost 2010? Where did the time go? I am so excited for the new year. 2009 was a tough year and I can't wait to have a fresh start. Also, does anyone else feel like the future has arrived whenever you say the year is "Twenty Ten"? I think it sounds so cool, although when I was a kid I thought we'd be on flying skateboards by now....
This year we had an amazing Christmas and spent lots of time with our families. Levi's mom Maria was in town, which is always a treat, and Levi's foster sister Sayaka and her husband and kids were able to come from Japan to be here for Christmas. Christmas Eve is always spent at one of Levi's uncles houses and then we go over to his dad's house where we all open our presents to each other. It's taken a couple of years for me to get used to opening all our gifts on Christmas Eve, but I love it now and it also means that Levi and I get to sleep in on Christmas Day and then give each other our stockings that morning.
My big gift this year was amazing. Levi and Heather came up with the idea of getting me a Geoffrey Krueger painting. I am still in shock that I own one and I am so grateful to all of you who chipped in for my Christmas gift. Levi did a great job of keeping it a secret and I am so pleased to be an owner of a real piece of art (not to mention it's just like the one we saw at one of his shows that I fell in total love with! It's of the Boise River, which is one of my most favorite things about this city.) Heather also recently acquired a painting from him, and it is absolutely exquisite. Geoff and his wife Susan are in Heather's ward and we've all become friends over the past few years. My next goal is to save up for another of his paintings. He has done paintings of homes in various stages of dereliction and of water towers, among other buildings and for some reason these paintings really leap out at you and force you to stare. I love them.
On Christmas Day we saw Sherlock Holmes which was a very fun movie and that night Sevy came over with Maria and we watched one of the movies I got Levi for Christmas. All in all, a VERY good day.
Well, here is to the future, "Twenty Ten", and hoping that all of you out there have a safe and prosperous year. Love you all!
Sevy, Sayaka with Taiki on her lap, me, Maria and Avery

Seth, Chris, Avery and Maria getting ready to open more presents.

Julie, my father-in-law Brad and Grams.

Levi and Brad

Our painting!! I could stare at it all day

Here's the painting he did for Heather. Breathtaking huh?
6 comments:
WOw! You're right, that artist is really talented. Yours looks almost like a photograph but enough not to be all the more interesting. I can't type what I'm thinking so, if that doesn't make sense, oh well. I hope 2010 is better for you!
"Hey McFly, you boso! Those things don't work on water. Unless you have POWA!"
The painting is beautiful! I can't wait to come visit and see it up close
Hey, I saw this "snuggle suit" this morning and for some reason it made me think of you....check it out.
http://cache.jcpenney.com//images/Seasonal/50475_02ft_122509_000000_v1.jpg
Michelle, that thing is awesome!! It looks like it's on sale, so maybe Santa will have to buy it for me early this year LOL!
I felt the same way Carly--I actually own a *real* piece of art now! Thanks for spending Christmas morning with us. It was a perfect morning.
Wow!! Can't wait to see both paintings in real life. Did you love Laurie's picture of Ry in his Bosie St. jersey!
Post a Comment