Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thank You


As we approach our five month ultrasound and are about to learn what gender our wild little baby is, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I NEVER thought I'd make it this far in a pregnancy. Th idea of feeling a baby move around inside me was as much of a possibility as, say, learning to fly a UFO. In short, making it this far along is only due to the faith, prayers and positive vibes of all those who were rooting for Levi and me.
The outpouring of love we experienced when we realized we had fertility issues was unreal. I always knew that people cared about us, in the sense that family and friends always care about their loved ones, but what we felt was much more beyond that. When we were doing our fundraising with the homemade bookmarks, I had dozens of requests for them from our family and friends and we were able to pay our fertility clinic bill outright. The fact that people were so willing to help us and send a kind word our way is something our baby will know all about, we'll make sure the baby understands how many people were cheering for him/her to come to earth and join our family.
This baby being conceived after we had given up on all fertility options and stopped taking all fertility medications is, of course, hilarious, but also a testament that now is the time we have been chosen to have a little spirit join us. Levi and I couldn't even celebrate properly the first three months, we were so scared of another miscarriage, but I now see that everything happens for a reason and we are finally meant to become parents.
Thank you to everyone who ever said a kind word, included us in their prayers and offered unconditional love and support throughout our trials. It will never be forgotten and it will always be an example of hope and charity.
We love you all!!

Love,
Carly, Levi and Wild Baby Gates

3 comments:

LaurieJ said...

We love you both and are so excited!

Heather C. said...

It is strange how things happen for a reason that you can't see until later. I'm so happy to be a part of this miracle with you two! And I am just about to come unglued waiting for your ultrasound! We love you!!

michellemcpherson said...

Oh my goodness, just thinking about you the other day not knowing you were expecting and so far along, how awesome Carly, you will be such amazing parents and what a lucky baby to have such excited parents!! I am so happy for you, so a girlfriend of mine is comparing her baby to food too, I think last time her uterus was the size of a grapefruit, I won't look at food the same again : ) So she is naming her baby Hudson, I love it just an idea.