Saturday, November 6, 2010

Halloween, etc.


Wow, it's been a little while since I last blogged. I feel like, since everyone who reads this is on Facebook, that I end up repeating myself often. All the Halloween photos I have are photos that have already been on Facebook, so I'm not sure if it's repetitive to put them up here. Hmmmmm.
Anyway, Halloween was an absolute blast. Levi and I have always wanted to create the cannibal pumpkins that we've seen on websites so this year we buckled down, spent about $30 on pumpkins and created two of the meanest pumpkins man has ever seen!



On the night of the 30th, we hosted a Halloween party at our home. The Gates clan (Brad, Julie, Seth, Sevy, Avery and Chris) and Heather and her cute family came over and we ate chili, potato cheese soup, pumpkin muffins, cupcakes, witches' brew, sugar cookies and more. It was a nice gathering and I'm always in awe of what an amazing family I was born into and what an amazing family I married into.
We watched a scary movie that night (A Spanish horror movie called The Orphanage, perfectly creepy Hitchcockian tale) and then said goodbye to everyone and went to bed. I was worn out!


Levi was a hipster idiot. We have throngs of men who dress like this in Boise.







This fall in Boise has been beautiful. The geese are out, the leaves are changing and the weather hasn't been too bad (yet). I went to a BSU game with some of my coworkers and had a great time.



Everything with the baby has been great. I feel great, just tired sometimes, and I'm still in awe that I'm almost 4.5 months along! Our ultrasound is the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and hopefully they'll be able to see what gender the little Boise spud is! I'm 99% sure it's a girl, but we'll see.
Having my mom up here has been great. We hang out on my day's off and our house just feels better having her here. She's so funny and I find everything is less stressful with her around.
Levi has been busy at work and has had plenty of honey-do projects around the house. Our house is 30 years old and is starting to show it's age. We're excited to get the backyard back to life this spring. We found a new home for Morty so we are now dogless. It's a little lonely without them, but it's the right decision.
Well, I better get moving today. The only thing we've done since waking up this morning is drive to get donuts and then surf the web. Nice day off!

1 comment:

Heather C. said...

I can't think of very many better things than a college football game on a pretty fall day. Ok, maybe a baseball game on a June evening...
Your party was so fun! I nominate it to become an annual tradition!