Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010


What a fantastic Christmas! It was fun, it was exciting, it was perfect. On the 23rd I started to have some cramping and tightening in my pelvis while I was at work, so I called the doctor's office and was told to stay off my feet for two days. It was not easy to do, as I get bored easily, but it ended up being a good thing. I didn't move around much for the rest of the 23rd and most of the 24th until we went to the annual Gates' party at Uncle Kevin and Aunt June's house.
While we were at the party we found out Levi's cousin Enancia is expecting two months after me, which makes me SO happy. Cousins are so important and I hope our little girl and Enancia's baby will be friends. I don't know what I would have done without all my cousins. They're built-in best friends and you get to see them and stay in touch with them your whole life! Now I just need to convince Avery and Chris to start the baby-making process so our girl has another cousin to be best friends with :)
After the first party we headed over to Brad's house to open presents. I love this tradition and it's fun to stay up late with his family while we all open our presents from each other. I had Heather make awesome aprons for Julie, Sevy, Avery, and Levi's mom Maria. We also put together a "Grandpa Toolbox" for Brad and I think he loved it. It was filled with things like bottles, diapers, binkies, backup clothes, baby powder and shampoo, etc.
We left Brad's house after midnight and crashed in bed as soon as we got home. Christmas morning was great! We slept in until 8:30 and woke up my mom to go open presents, just like being a kid again! My mom made her amazing Christmas morning egg and sausage casserole and we opened all our gifts. We all made out like bandits and I'm so grateful to be part of such an amazing family. We got lots of cute stuff for the baby (Levi even got her this Ugly Doll, which I love!)
That afternoon Levi and I had lunch with his sisters at his mom's house and then came home to lounge around for a while. We also went over to Heather's house to see them and the kids. Wilson and Eliza were still on a Christmas High and were excited to show us all their awesome gifts. Later that night my mom made a delicious turkey and we sat around the table telling stories. It was great.
Well, I hope you all had a great holiday and I hope the new year is a time for happiness and prosperity for us all.
Love you!
Carly
Christmas 2010





PS For the record, I tried to put a picture of my mom from Christmas morning on here and was overruled. My mom is gorgeous but doesn't like any pictures of herself. What a shame!!

No comments: