Thursday, July 7, 2011
Slow down!
Life has been happening a little too quickly for my liking. There are some days that I couldn't even tell you what I did that day because it went by so fast. Lately I've really been struggling with the idea that if I need to get ten things done in a week, I'll usually end up completing two of them. This is happening both at work and at home. At work I make post-it notes of things that I need to get done and I get satisfaction when I get to cross them off, but lately the act of crossing off the tasks has been getting farther and farther apart. At home, I'll set a simple goal like "Sort Hadley's clothes and box up the clothes that are too small." and I'll be lucky if that goal is reached in ten days time.
The work thing is understandable because we're running a huge ship on very little manpower, so it's inevitable that my projects will take longer to do, but I still hate that I can't get anything done at home. Does that ever go away? Will I just get used to it? Advice?
Anyway, enough about that: Laurie & Justin and the kids are coming up this weekend!! I'm so excited! We're having Hadley's baby blessing in our home on Saturday and Laurie's family is able to come up for it! We were going to do it in Utah next weekend, but with Grandma's funeral we just couldn't quite afford to drive back down so soon. I tried on Hadley's blessing gown yesterday and it's so beautiful. I even found little cream colored shoes to match. She'll look like a princess!
This is also the week of events that gets crazier every year: July 4th is not only one of my favorite holidays, but my stepmom-in-law's birthday, July 8th is my wedding anniversary as well as my sister-in-law's birthday and then my birthday is on July 10th. Our wedding anniversary was supposed to be July 21st, but the venue we booked ended up having a remodel booked that weekend so we had to bump it to the 8th, which has always seemed so weird and has never quite felt like my anniversary. Oh well, at least Levi usually gets to combine birthday/anniversary gifts for me :)
I'm so excited for Redfish lake, which is now less than a month away! This year my mom won't be going since she'll be going to NYC the following week, so we're taking Levi's sister Sevy with us. I think it's going to be a blast and I can't wait to lay on that sandy beach again!
Well, I'm off to try to get at least one thing on my list checked off. It probably won't happen, but I'm going to give it a whirl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I used to always think that the list-crossing-off would start to happen after my babies didn't need me every single second. But it didn't. Sorry!
can't wait to see pics from the blessing- was bummed i couldn't be there!! and i'm super-excited for redfish, too :)
Post a Comment