I've been reading a couple of my journals that I kept when I was growing up and I have been thoroughly enjoying myself. The first journal I kept was one I got for my seventh birthday. After that was full I started a second journal that my Aunt Bonnie got me for my 14th birthday. It's hilarious to read my thoughts from back then. I'll post a couple of my entries and I'll type them exactly as their written, with original spelling just for kicks.
September 27, 1989 (I was 7 years old)
One week ago G+G Allen left on their mission to London England. Saturday I went to work with Heather. She works at Swen biceiccul shop! She has a little truck that she uses to haul bikes to the stores. it was fun And I love Heather.
October 23, 1989
In one week It's Howlwen. I'm being a devel. I'm going to ever house in are ward. I can't go to my G+Gs house because there on there mission.
Here's one from my sixth grade year:
March 9, 1994
Dear Diary, have decided to start updating what is going on lately. 1st I am in sixth grade and I am still eleven. Most people think I am at least 13 because I am so mature. I am very excited for Jr. High and a little scared. I will be taking clarinet. My school's name is Westmore Elementry and the name of the Jr. High is Lakeridge jr. High. I have some good fiends in my class. Though we often get in little arguments. 2nd I love shopping and for my birthday all i want is clothes. I have designed lots of little drawings of clothes. I don't like bell-bottoms now that they have come back in style. I am finally out of my horse loving stage and my sister Heather is on a mission.
August 31, 1997
Princess Diana was killed today. She and her boyfriend died in a tunnel after their car crashed because they were being chased by paparazzi. We came home from the rendezvous in Wyoming today and I saw a flag at half-mast. I half joking said, "Okay, who died in the 24 hours we were gone. I'm sure nobody too big." Then Laurie came back to the car and said, "Princess Di died!" I couldn't believe it. I'm still in shock. I just hope Prince William and Harry are okay. I'll talk about something else before I get totally depressed again. We started school on Monday. It's alright, I guess. I have a couple of friends in every class. Yesterday we went to Ft. Bridger for the Mountain Man Renezvous again. We go every year. Heather was down from Seattle. Melissa came with us. The two of us are going to try and get tickets to U2 when they go to Seattle. Heather made dresses for she and I this year. I had so much fun! Tomorrow is Labor Day. I'm not sure what my plans are. I'm going to Gold's Gum tomorrow or Tuesday. Lindsay J. has a pass there so we'll get pumped up together. Well, gotta go.
So hilarious!!!
5 comments:
omigosh those are so funny. I love that you had some good fiends in your jr. high years!
I think I would just melt from sheer humiliation if any of my adolescent journals were brought to light!!
More journal posts!!
Man, those were great. It's a shame you're out of your horse-loving stage. I will Love horses
4-ever! My saw horse is in the barn out back.lttpxcyd
I will forever love my sawhorse! The funny thing is that I used to be so nuts about real horses and now I'm terrified of them! They're so big and powerful!
dude, you sucked at spelling! haha. those are so awesome! i love how random the entries are... pure stream-of-conciousness at its finest! james joyce has nuthin' on you! if i had my babysitter's club diary i wrote in from 11-18(i know, i was a bit late on getting a new one..) i would totally copy you!!! i'm sure i had some pretty sweet things to say in my 6-page no doubt/bush concert entry, haha!
Those are so hilarious, Carly! I swear that my journal entries are exactly like that! I even remember the one about Princess Diana! That's great!
Post a Comment