Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Leggy Weggy

For those of you hadn't heard (I know news travels fast in this familiy), Levi broke his leg on Sunday afternoon. Scott, I did get your message and I'm so sorry I didn't call you right back. Everything is fine, I've just been insanely busy and haven't had time to do anything. I appreciated your message though, you're such a good brother!
Here's how it happened: Levi went downhill mountain biking at Tamarack (kinda like Sundance to all you Utah readers) and on the last curve of his final ride he lost control of the bike and put his leg down get a little more control, but this just caused his leg to bend inward and then outward very quickly. He broke his tibia at the inner right ankle and broke the fibula on the outside, near his calf. Luckily they were closed fractures, so no bones poking through his skin or anything :)
He will be going in for surgery next Wednesday to repair the tendons in his ankle that stretched out. They say it's a non-invasive, easy same-day surgery and total heal time should be about six weeks.
Levi is super bummed that he can't go riding with Justin and Zane at Redfish. Now he'll be stuck with me! I'm still going to make him jump off the dock at least once. You can't go to Redfish without making that jump :)
Anyway, I wanted to thank you all for your concern and all your calls.
Heather, a special thanks to you and Zane and the kids for cleaning up my yard and planting all those beautiful plants. I really don't know how to thank you!

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

Poor Levi! That's like breaking your arm the first day of summer vacation.

At least you did it doing something COOL. Not like getting run over by your own car...

Michelle said...

I agree with Heather! What a cool way to break something.

Hey Carlotta, I've been thinking about you all day today, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Let's see, if I had a lot of money, I would either buy you and me an I Love Lucy tour vacation (like the one on "The Rat Race" or a tea party in London. Which would you pick?

Hope your birthday was awesome!!