
Today I stopped by a gas station that is just a block from our house to grab a snack. I walk in, grabbed my bag of puffy Cheetos and go to the register where two employees are talking, one a 20-something male and the other a 20-something female. They were on the topic of this last Friday the 13th and the guy asked me if my 13th was a good day. I said the day was fine and asked them how theirs was. The girl proceeds to say, "Mine was great, except for when my husband threw the gas can at my head."
Come again????
She must have seen my shocked face because she quickly said, "At least it wasn't a full gas can, you know?"
I looked from her face to the guy's face and he looked completely unsurprised. Maybe she tells him stories like this all the time and he's tuned it out. Who knows.
Sometimes the world can be wonderful, yet strange and sad at the same time.
2 comments:
Well she seems like a glass is half full kind-of girl :-)
I worked with a woman at C.B. who would give such scary, crazy answers to the question, "How was your weekend" that everyone knew not to ask. Makes me glad my life is boring!
Post a Comment