Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter everybody! What a beautiful day and I'm sad I can't share it with every single one of my family members. I miss all my Utah family and I miss my sweet mother-in-law in Texas so much! Unfortunately I have to work today so I wasn't able to go to the annual Gates' Easter party today, which is also a bummer. Still, I love Easter and I'll be thinking of my family all day today while I'm at work.

This weekend has been fun. Yesterday I went to my six year old nephew Wilson's t-ball game and I don't remember smiling that much in the last two months combined. It was one of the funniest and sweetest things you've ever seen. These kids are tiny! The helmets are so huge, they look like Darth Vader running around the bases. There was one girl on the opposing team that couldn't have been more than a foot and a half tall and I thought she'd go around in a circle when she swung that bat! Wilson is an excellent player and hit a line drive to "right field" (right field is about 3 feet past first base, but still it was an amazing hit!) About half the kids were really into the game, hitting their mitt and crouching down to catch a line drive, and the other half were chasing bugs and pulling grass. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen and I'm excited to see Wilson play more games. Now if I can just get Eliza interested in softball....
It made me think about how much I can't wait to see my own child out there. I can't wait to go to the parks on Saturday with Levi and our child and watch them play and laugh. It was almost overwhelming how much I wanted it yesterday. We are still struggling with getting pregnant and we found out that our next step will be artificial insemination (yes, just like they do to cows LOL). I'll do anything to get pregnant. I don't care if I have to stand on my head whilst wearing a tutu, I just want that baby :) I found out that our insurance covers up to 90% of In virto fertilization, which is amazing because only 9 states in this entire country require medical insurance to cover infertility procedures, and Idaho ain't one of them so we really lucked out. Keep sending your good vibes our way. We're feeling confident that this WILL happen someday.

Well, I'm off to work. I hope everybody has a fabulous Easter and please know that you are in my thoughts today. Love you all!

2 comments:

grandma K said...

Oh, by the way, you WILL be standing on your head in the DR.'s office when you get the "injection". Dad and & tried it 3 times then gave up. You came a year, but we had been thru all sorts of tests and "procedures". Kind of takes the romance out of the picture. Good luck!!

Heather C. said...

You and Levi will appreciate sitting on the bleachers at a baseball game for your kids more than anyone else there!
In the meantime, you can continue to be a wonderful aunt, and Levi the coolest uncle. Wilson had a hard time containing his excitement when he saw you at his game! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to do that.