Saturday, April 4, 2009

Colbert roasts Glenn Beck.

It's about time somebody took on that bag of wind Glenn Beck, who actually said this about 9/11 survivors and their families:

"This is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this-you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims' families. I don't hate all of them. I hate probably about 10 of them. But when I see a 9/11 victim's family on television or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh Shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining."

This guy, who has said those awful things, decides he wants to start a program of remembering 9/12, meaning he wants the country to be more united (but then again, he demands that we not support the current president, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out for him.) (On another note, I wonder if Beck would ever admit that a day of unity in this country was this past election day. Record numbers turned out to vote. McCain was gracious and polite in his succession and the world is starting to heal.)
Stephen Colbert has saved the day. Watch him roast Beck for his hypocrisy and his paranoia, but doing so as politely as possible. I laughed so hard at this.

4 comments:

Heather C. said...

Ugh. I'm embarassed that he's a member of the LDS church.

LaurieJ said...

No surprise here..but I like him.

Heather C. said...

While I'm not at all a fan of Colbert's sarcasm and cynicism, I think that a good piece of advice for Beck and his let's-be-united-America program would be to eliminate the word "hate" from his vocabulary. And I'm willing to bet that he has never lost a loved one in a violent tragedy. If I'm wrong, and he has, then he indeed has no soul.

grandma K said...

I wish he wouldn't say he's LDS. It's embarassing. I am a fan of Colbert. I used to like Glen Beck, but he kind of went over the edge. His conversion story is nice, though.