As anyone who reads this blog knows, Levi and I received the horrible news on Monday that we were going to have a miscarriage. We went in for a standard ultrasound and the on-call doctor (my doctor was out with the flu) said that the fetus hadn't grown and there was no heartbeat. This was BEYOND devastating for us. I did my best to keep it together in front of the ultrasound tech and the doctor, but eventually just lost it and sobbed for a good five minutes. After explaining my three options (have a natural miscarriage, induce it by using a medicine, or the good 'ol D&C option) they said they needed to take my blood to figure out where my HCG levels were.
Levi and I took Monday and Tuesday off of work to cope with the bad news and we were just starting to recover when I get a call on Tuesday from the physician's assistant that my HCG levels were still through the roof (55,000 at 7.5 weeks). She said that they would do another blood test today, which I just got done with, and we'd see if the number fell. If it still rises it means they need to "repeat the ultrasound" which basically means they made a mistake. I can't decide which option is better: my body trying to save a baby that isn't growing or my body having a normal miscarriage. Both options suck in my opinion and I'm nervous to find out what the real outcome is.
I'll update this tonight after I find out what my HCG levels were today. Wish us luck.
1 comment:
Rollercoaster is right. Well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? You guys are coping amazingly well.
It is my goal in life to make people stop referring to the Doctrine and Covenants as "D&C". Seriously.
Post a Comment