Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shoes, sales, hormones and home improvement.

My feet decided to revolt against me. Normally I wear cute shoes that cost under $30, and it finally started to catch up to me. At my job, not only do I walk around three to five miles per day (the store is HUGE), but I'm also usually carrying heavy loads of books or shelves. A couple of days ago I got out of bed when my alarm went off and felt pain all over in my feet, in the arches, the heels, even my toes hurt. I decided to bite the bullet and invest in a quality pair of shoes:

Let's just say they make me feel a quarter of a century older since all the women I work with who wear these shoes are exactly 50 years old and up. Normally I would just suck it up and wear the cute, cheap shoes that I always do, but these shoes are VERY comfortable and I'm excited for my feet to start healing. The only crappy thing about it was paying nearly full price for them (they were on "sale" for $99) and then finding out I could have bought them online for just over half that. Bummer. Lesson learned.
But for every sale opportunity door that closes, another opens. Today I went to Urban Outfitters to find a Valentines Day knick knack for Levi and walked out empty handed (not to mention a little discouraged that my right arm couldn't fit into anything in that store), and wandered into the Ann Taylor next door. They are having a great sale and I got a black cardigan (what else?) that was normally $68.99 for $9.99 and a fitted jacket that was normally $98 for $19.98. Score!!

Here is the jacket. Stacy and Clinton insist that every woman needs a fitted jacket to pair with either rich looking trousers, a fitted pencil skirt or a great pair of jeans. I have none of those those three (well, I do have four pencil skirts, they just don't fit anymore.) I do however have my overly-worn, frayed-at-the-hem Target-brand work pants. I will somehow make this outfit work!
In more good news, I got my monthly progesterone test back yesterday and it was a great number. The assistant said it was my second highest number yet (32). She left me a cute message that said, "Keep going and don't forget to continue to have intercourse!" Like we could forget! It's practically marked on the calendar, for Pete's sake. Trying to get pregnant for so long sure does take the romance out of the whole thing. Someday it will all be worth it :)
Levi's birthday is almost upon us, which means my mom's visit is almost here! This year she is bringing not only Carlie Paige with her, but cutie Rachel as well. We're so excited for their visit.
For the last few days, we've been playing "Find the Smell" in our home and have finally located the source. About three days ago, the pipe that goes between the dishwasher and the garbage disposal came loose and water got everywhere. We thought we mopped it up but the smell of old water permeated our house. We kept getting on our hands and knees and sniffing all around the kitchen to no avail. Finally Levi figured out that it was underneath our faux hardwood flooring and was able to pull up a couple of pieces to air it out. Hopefully this works. I'm tired of that musty smell!
Well, I better go. It's my day off and the house is totally messy. Guess I better get to it :)

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

Don't forget to have intercourse??

I have seen the shoes in person and they are darling. Your whole outfit was awesome today!

Written by Jill and/or Dan said...

Love the shoes! Good luck with the baby making, better you than me!

Michelle said...

Don't forget?!! Ha ha. My cousin Heather had a smell in their house that took them months to locate. It was a lamp shade too close to the light bulb and emitted a smell that made them think they had an open can of tuna somewhere. Gross. Anyhoodle, congrats on the sale items! I love stacey and clinton. I'd like to go on the show to learn how to accessorize.