Monday, September 13, 2010

Mama's here!

More than a couple of times this weekend, we quoted "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World", particularly this quote, which worked well with us moving Mom up to Boise.


Levi and I flew down to Utah on Thursday night, getting in pretty late due to the flight getting delayed. Thankfully, Scott and Laurie and Bonnie had helped my mom a TON before we even arrived and all my mom's stuff was packed neat and tidy in the garage. We simply had to pick up the U-Haul on Friday morning, load it up and then hang out for the rest of the day.
Of course with all the time on our hands, we had to make the obligatory trips to Brick Oven and Ikea. Both are a staple for us when we visit! Brick Oven was fabulous and we found an amazing new chair at Ikea. Success!
Friday night Mom said goodbye to Grandpa and Grandma Allen (absolutely heartbreaking) and Bonnie (still heartbreaking, but we know we'll be seeing her more in Boise!) Saturday morning was tough. Mom had to say goodbye to Laurie and Justin and all five kids. That was tough, but I was impressed how well the kids held it together. With the exception of a few tears from Kate and a minor meltdown from Sydney (honestly, you've never seen anything so sad in your whole life) the farewell went as well as could be.
Mom and I followed Levi, who was driving the U-Haul and the trip was very uneventful, which is always a good thing. We were so lucky that Scott and his three cute girls were already in town for Wilson's baptism, because they were able to help us get the truck unloaded in about 20 minutes. You have never seen girls work that hard! I was so impressed!
After unloading everything, we quickly got ready and met at Heather's church for little Wilson's baptism. I still can't believe that boy is old enough to be baptized. It seems like just a few weeks ago that he was wearing his striped onesies and getting excited about the "Blue Truck Guy" driving through the neighborhood (aka the garbage man.) Wilson has grown into such a fine boy, thanks to Heather and Zane being great parents. You guys are the best!
So the last two days have been spent unpacking and organizing everything. Mom's little room is all set up (I like to joke with her and call it her nun's room, since she has now downgraded to a twin-size bed.) The kitchen has been the project of today and I think decorations will be tomorrow's project. After that, it will just be the little things like painting and teaching my mom how to use the DirecTV (there are many, many remotes in the house and I think I may end up typing up instructions, since it can get super complicated.)
We are so happy to have Mom up here and I hope you all know how grateful I am for all your help and support during this time. She is super happy and we're glad to have her in our home.
Love you all!


Required trip to Brick Oven!



The idea of Grandma leaving was tough on all of the Jacobsons. We love you guys and we'll make sure she makes it down there all the time!


Mom and the Pooh Bear Ryan


As this picture was being taken, Justin took it upon himself to lighten the mood by letting out the hugest fart. It worked, and we all laughed, until the smell hit.


This was right before Sydney figured out that Grandma was actually moving to Boise and not just visiting there on a trip. Poor little girl!


Wilson and Mom at his baptism!


Mom's little bed. Her bed is comfortable and she says she loves it. Someone else likes the bed too...can you see who?? Here he is...


It's Louie! He loves Mom and he loves her bed even more.

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

I'm comin' Mama! That is awesome. That car jump makes me laugh every time I see it.
Welcome to Boise, Mama!

Anonymous said...

Of course Louie found the new, most comfortable, desirable place in the house to curl up on...cats are so predictable! I love her bedding, so cute!!

Nancy T said...

I feel so terrible! I thought she was moving THIS weekend! At least I missed the horrible goodbye's. Thank you for taking such good care of my sister. It looks like her little nunnery is comfortable and pretty. I laughed so hard at the movie clip from Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Love you all!