
Today is Hadley's one month birthday! Hadley is already a girl of many nicknames including Hadders, Mad Hadder, Fatty Haddy, Sadly Hadley, Crabby Hadley, and Haddy Fi. I can honestly say we've loved every single second with this little girl, even though we're seeing a lot more of this lately:


Even with her fussiness, I'm convinced there is not a nicer baby out there. She is so darn sweet! As of right now, she eats every two to three hours in the daytime, but is increasing the amount she eats. We may actually have a chubby baby in a few months! Hadley is very kind to us at night and eats every three hours and can usually fall right back asleep. I get even more sleep with the help of Levi, who gets her out of her cradle at 6:00am and feeds her before he goes to work. This means I can get a solid four hour stretch of sleep, which makes EVERYONE much, much happier. Levi loves this time with Hadley and I know those two are going to be very close. When she does stay awake in the night after a feeding, I can usually just wrap her up and watch a little bit of TV or surf the internet for a little while before she falls back asleep. Even at 2:00am, seeing her big round eyes look up at me is just about the most amazing thing in the world.
At one month old, here are Hadley's likes and dislikes:
Likes:
• Being in her car seat and riding in her stroller or in the car. She falls almost immediately asleep once we start rolling.
• Shopping with her mom, aunts, and grandma. I can already tell she's going to be a great customer of Target, just like the rest of us. I get stopped about every ten feet by people wanting to see her. I've had so many people ask about her cute car seat cover that my Aunt JaNae sent us. Utah definitely has the best baby products and I feel like I could make a fortune if I could open a boutique with all the cute baby stuff they sell there.
• Throwing up on a clean outfit. Soy milk sure does a number on her cute clothes!
• Being snoopy and listening to everyone in a room. When she's laying on my shoulder and someone starts talking, even if I think she's asleep, she'll suddenly lift her head and whip it around in the direction of the speaker. She's just liker her dad: always wants to be in on the best gossip.
• Listening to music. When I'm getting ready in the morning, I put Hadley in her swing and turn Pandora radio on the computer for her. So far, we've found that she has a few favorite songs: Float by Flogging Molly and Malaguena Salerosa, but her most favorite song is Peggy Gordon by the Blarney Lads. Levi used to play this song out loud on his iTouch, when she was still in my belly and she would always kick. The first time he played it for her after she was born I burst into tears. Such a pretty song for a pretty girl.
Here are some of Hadley's dislikes:
• Having her clothes changed. At first, we thought she just hated it when she was newborn because her skin was sensitive, but now I see she just plain hates it. You'd think we were torturing her when we put a onesie on her. Such drama!
• Cold baby wipes. I remember seeing a device that warms baby wipes and at the time I thought it was such a waste of money. Now I can see the appeal of it! She absolutely hates a cold wipe against her little bum.
• Her gas drops. We give her these a few times a day and I need to capture her face on film. She scrunches up her face and puckers her lips into a full-on grimmace. Poor girl. At least she likes her gripe water, which we also give her a few times a day for her colic. She smacks her lips and says, "Mmmmm" when we squirt it into her mouth.
• Being put down. This little girl spends way more time in the arms of someone than not, which I know is a bad idea, since we'll eventually have to start putting her down, but for the time being I can't help it!
Well, at one month old I'm just as smitten with Hadley Finola as the first time I saw her. She continually amazes Levi and me and we can't wait for all the memories we're going to create with her. Next Saturday will be our first Boise Farmer's Market with her, which is something I've been dreaming about since we started the fertility process.
Happy one month birthday, little Hadley!
No comments:
Post a Comment