

Hadley has been an AMAZING baby. From the first night we brought her home, she has made life very easy and very enjoyable. I've never seen a baby more relaxed than Miss Hadley. When we left the hospital on Sunday, March 20th, we noticed that she was looking a little yellow. Earlier, the pediatrician in the nursery said that she had passed her Jaundice test, but I think they just tested her too early, as she did end up with a nice case of Jaundice.
On Tuesday March 22nd, we took her in for her first pediatrician appointment. It was insane to take a baby who was only three days old to the doctor. I think it took us two hours to get her dressed, fed, changed, and safely and securely in her car seat. Now I know why people laugh at new parents and their over-preparedness. Anyway, at her appointment they doctor said he definitely thought she had Jaundice and asked us to take her back to St. Luke's to be tested. We did and found out that her bilirubin levels were quite high, so the doctor ordered us a bili-blanket. A bili-blanket is a pad that emits bright U.V. light that you place directly on a baby's back and then swaddle them tightly. It's connected to a tube that connects to the machine itself. We were glad that we didn't have to admit Hadley into the hospital, but having her tethered to that machine for five days was not as much fun as being able to take her all over the house. Because we couldn't move her around a lot, we set up everything in our living room and Levi and I spent all our time with her down there, except when we went to bed.
During this time, my mom had to go to Utah for a doctor's appointment, so it was just Levi and me with the baby. I know my mom missed Hadley a lot and had a hard time even going to Utah in the first place! We were glad when she came home on Wednesday evening and could make up for those first few days being away from the baby.
Now that Hadley is totally healthy I can start taking her places. Last week I took her to Barnes & Noble so the other managers could get a look at her. They were all smitten! My co-manager Heather made Hadley a giant cupcake cake and bought her a beautiful Easter dress. Another manager Tami bought her three super cute punk-style dresses. They're adorable and I can't wait to see Hadley in them. One sweet bookseller named Cindy ordered us a bunch of custom Hershey's chocolate that has all of Hadley's birth information on the wrapper. I can't believe how spoiled we've been! Everyone has been so excited for this little girl and we're so blessed to have such amazing people in our lives.




Besides B&N, my mom and I have taken Hadley to the mall, where she was a huge hit with all the customers who wanted to get a closer look at her in her sling. The same thing happened when Levi and I took her to Target yesterday. Both children and adults would say things like, "Look at that tiny baby!" and then rush up to us asking us questions about her. She is definitely the toast of the town!
For now, Hadley loves her swing and loves spending the mornings with Levi before he goes to work. He takes her downstairs around 6:00am and they hang out and watch TV and he chats with her. She definitely has him wrapped around her tiny finger.

No comments:
Post a Comment