Friday, October 14, 2011

October 14, 2011

Last week Hadley had to get her six month shots. I absolutely hate doing it to her, but it is a necessary evil. She's always so cute and happy before the shots.

Look at that sweet little thing!

I made the mistake of looking, right when the nurse jabbed the first needle into her chubby thigh and I thought I was going to faint. When Hadley cries, there are rarely tears, she mostly just fusses, so to see her absolutely wail with tears in her eyes was the most traumatizing thing for me. We have to get her second part of the flu shot in November and then her nine month shots in December. Poor little girl! She was fine the first day, just sleepy and a little hot, but the second day she was even worse and we ended up having to give her baby tylenol and just tried to keep her cool. Hopefully the next time will be better.
A couple of days after her immunizations Hadley was right as rain!


Lately, I've become addicted to a frozen yogurt place downtown called Aspen Leaf. I know, could you pick a worse name? It sounds like a day spa, but it is so dang yummy. I get the cake batter and red velvet yogurt and top it with about twenty kinds of chocolate. We met up with Brad and Julie the other night so they could spend some quality time with their grandbaby. It was a great night and Hadley was happy Papa Brad let her eat some of his peanut butter chocolate yogurt. Mmmmmm!


Speaking of eating, Hadley is slowly getting the hang of eating baby food. She definitely doesn't like it, but we're getting her to eat about six bites per sitting. Here's what she looks like after about three bites and five minutes in her high chair:

Well, fall in Boise is definitely upon us and it is time to break out the sweaters. We've had to buy the little girl some warmer pajamas and it's time for Levi to buy his annual pair of Carhartt pants. I really don't like the cold weather and I'm already looking forward to a nice, hot summer next year.
At least Hadley looks adorable in her hoodies :)


Last weekend was Brad's birthday, so we went over to his house on Sunday and hung out with the whole family. Hadley even got to meet her second-cousin Porter!

Now, if I could somehow get Chris and Avery to have a baby soon! You can't tell me these two wouldn't have the cutest family ever!

Everything else is going well, I have been outrageously busy at work (the spirt of "do-more-with-less" is only intensifying) but I'm just happy to have a job that I enjoy. I still struggle with not getting to see much of Hadley and Levi on days that I work. It breaks my heart to think about all the things I'm missing and every now and then I get really sad about it, but then I remember that she's just fine when I'm not there and she also gets to have her daddy/daughter time with Levi on the weekends. Levi and I are going to try to go on a date tonight. We've never really been out without the baby, so we'll see how this goes. I'm sure I'll miss her!!

No comments: