Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hadley is Seven Months Old!

Seven Months Old?!



Talk about a fantastic age! Hadley is so much fun, I can hardly stand leaving her for even a second. I can't believe how many things change just between six and seven months.
First, Hadley is in the midst of a teething frenzy. We went from Hadley being a happy camper with a tiny bump under her gums, to a red-faced, grumpy Hadley having not one, but two teeth popping up in a matter of two weeks. Poor little girl! Her chin is always wet from her sucking in her lips to sooth her gums and now she has a rash. She's still adorable and we just make sure to give her nice, cool teethers and let her suck on anything that makes her feel better (this includes her bathtub washrag, and believe me, I've told her that Grandpa Allen says she'll get the Guinea Worms.)
Besides the teething milestone, Hadley is now sitting up on her own. I love being able to prop her up and watch her entertain herself. Her favorite thing is sitting in front of her little toy basket and pull out ALL the toys one by one.
Hadley is a great little helper!

Nothing cuter than Hadley in her jammies!



Here are some other seven-month Hadley-isms:
• She is now LOVING the kitties. She squeals when she sees them and her chubby hand shakes when she gets to pet them. Now she's learning what, "Soft! Hadley, soft!" means. Luckily, Louie doesn't mind too much when she grabs handfuls of his hair, while cooing at him in a high pitch.
• Hadley loves all of her toys equally. Whether it's the little plastic sea animal bath toys, her Fisher Price smart phone (which looks enough like Mommy's phone to keep her satisfied), or her Sunshine Symphony (which plays 4 pieces of classical music for her enjoyment, as well as ours) she loves them all. I'm excited to start shopping for her for Christmas, even if it's just a couple of toys and a couple of outfits. It's going to be so fun!
• She can lay on her stomach and scoot along. I think crawling is still about a month away, but she's definitely using the scooting and shuffling to get around.
• Hadley is a master at rolling to her stomach, but still can't roll over to her back. This makes for some fun nights when she's rolled into a corner of her crib and can't roll back. We're working with her as best we can, but I think she'll just do it on her own when she's good and ready.
• She has tried several baby foods and doesn't hate any of them, but doesn't love them either. We haven't been doing the best job of making her do it every day, but we'll be buckling down and getting her used to all those different flavors this month.
• She is still on her own, unique nap schedule. The only thing consistent is that she is almost always takes a nap within two hours of waking up. How long that nap actually is can vary from fifteen minutes to two hours. You never know what you're going to get with her!
• She loves a good game of peek-a-boo. She can get laughing so hard and it really is the sweetest sound in the whole world.

Happy Seven Month Birthday, Hadley! Every day with you is such a treat and we love what a fun, hilarious girl you are becoming!
She finally gave up on her photo shoot.

2 comments:

Avery said...

I LOVE that last photo "...aaand i'm done. right now. done." Carly, I will tell you and Levi a thousand million times over, you two are the most loving, wonderful, caring parents I've ever seen. I am so, so, so, SO lucky I get to be a part of her life forever. She is my absolute favorite person in the world. I look forward to every blog post and can't wait to spend time with her this weekend!

Michelle said...

Amy just sent this me! So funny! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S2p7AiNX9g