Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Playing Catch Up

I'm desperately trying to play catch-up with many things in my life, and this blog is definitely on the list. So here it is, two months late, my post that includes Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll have a Christmas post by Valentine's Day :)

This winter has been a blast so far, with Hadley blowing our minds with her humor and charm. What did we do before she was here? We must have been bored stiff!
In early November, Laurie's whole family came up for a visit. Usually we get pieces of the Jacobsons, but this was the first time in a long time that we got ALL of them here. It was great! They came up for the Boise Temple open house and we had a great time with them. Hadley loves seeing her cousins and is always so sad when they leave.






Haha. This guy!


This fall wasn't too cold and we were able to enjoy the outdoors with light coats until the end of November. I still think I need to live somewhere warm ALL THE TIME, but Boise is a step up from Utah in regards to winter weather. On a warm November day, I picked up Eliza from her school and we went to Zoo Boise. Because it wasn't scorching hot, most of the animals were out and very playful. This was right before the sad death of the Patas monkey and we were lucky to see him one more time before that awful incident. The good news is that Zoo Boise was able to secure a couple of Patas monkeys to join the one left behind, and we look forward to seeing them this spring.




We were also able to enjoy one last day at the park before the really cold weather hit. Hadley looks so adorable in her boots!





Before Thanksgiving, Hadley got her first ear infection. She had been feeling crummy and just became more and more achy. Finally my mom realized that she probably had something going on with her ear and we took her to the doc-in-a-box, since it was (of course!) the weekend. I have never seen Hadley that hysterical and I don't know if I'll ever go back to that office. They took so long to see her and were so rough and unfriendly to a little toddler, who was obviously feeling miserable. The doctor didn't even prescribe the drops that help soothe the pain, just the antibiotics. Luckily a helpful pharmacy tech told me about the drops and we got Hadley's pediatrician's office to call some in for us. What a difference those drops made! It was like night and day and we had our sweet girl back before no time.


Oh no! I crying fit from Hadley?!

And we're done with that little outburst.

Gotta love her concentration tongue, always there to help her.


And here's one more picture of Hadley. She likes to walk around like this. She's a freakin' genius, I tell ya!







1 comment:

Avery said...

Oh my gosh....I NEED a hard copy of the basket on the head picture! heeheehee!!