Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthdays and goodbyes






Today is Levi's 28th birthday! I can't believe he's pushing the dirty thirty and I also can't believe that he wasn't even 25 when I met him! He was totally spoiled this year by both families and we're so grateful for everything. I bought Levi and me the 9-time movie pass to the Flicks theater. They play the best independent movies and buying the passes saves a lot of dough in the long run. Avery & her boyfriend Chris bought Levi a gift card to George's Bicycles (which is probably being spent as I write!) Laurie gave him a cool coffee mug that says 'El Guapo' on it :) Brad & Julie bought him a nice 6 foot ladder, his mom Maria helped Levi pay for his new bike and other things and my mom got him a gift card to Home Depot. Awesome!! Heather's present to him might have been my favorite though. She took my favorite picture of us, which is also the one at the very top of this page where we're on our bikes riding away, and blew it up and framed it in a gorgeous mat and frame. Well done Heather!! It's going to be hung on the wall above the fireplace. 
Also my mom was able to come up this weekend with my niece Carlie Paige and we had such a great time. She's still recovering from her knee surgery but is no less the spitfire that we know and love. She is such an amazing person and I love spending as much time as possible with her. We can't wait to see her again when she and Bruce come up this spring. I'm going to try to make a trip to Utah in either March or April. Anyway, today we had to say goodbye to my mom and Carlie, which always sucks. I HATE when she leaves Boise but I have to remember that there are a bunch of grandkids in Utah that need her just as much as we do up here :)
Love you mom!
Oh yeah, tonight was the Oscars and I was very happy with Daniel Day Lewis' win for There Will Be Blood, which was INSANELY good, as well as No Country for Old Men's win for best picture.
BTW, the pictures I posted on this blog were not from this weekend. The one of my mom and me was from Christmas Eve at Temple Square and the one of Levi is from Thanksgiving. I just really love that picture!

4 comments:

Heather C. said...

Happy Birthday El Guapo! We love you and are so happy you're in our family!

Michelle said...

It's weird being married to an "old man" isn't it?! Oh just kidding! I'm the same age as Levi. Happy birthday to Levi! What's the el guapo story?

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day a day late! Hope your cake and ice-cream were great!!

Heather C. said...

They were--we took him to Cracker Barrel to have Coke Cake! :)