


I SWORE I wouldn't get another dog after our last dog passed away last Thanksgiving. I've loved not smelling dog poop or having to buy dog food but this was all before I met a certain 4 year old Basset Hound at the Humane Society today.
I go up there often to walk the dogs and pet all the kitties and this trip was no different. I took Eliza and her friend Katie and everything was just like normal until I walked into Kennel D and saw the cutest droopy eared dog in the whole world.
We took her out to the dog runs and I was hoping she would be hyper or bark a lot or anything that could justify me not wanting to get her but she was nothing short of perfect! She LOVES kids and was so happy to be around Eliza and Katie. She hasn't even barked once! Levi came from work to meet us there and he fell in love with her too.
We called Levi's stepmom who used to have a Basset Hound and she let us know that they're great pets and there aren't really any red flags with the breed.
Long story short: We are now the owners of a 4 year old Basset Hound that we named Lola. Zane thought we should name her Wilma but she already looks dorky enough without having a dorky name!
Here are some pictures, I'll post better ones later
4 comments:
Lola is a cutie. Who wouldn't love those floppy ears?
It was fun to hear Levi so excited about her last night. Hopefully Louie will adjust to having a new sister.
Love you,
Julie
She is so cute! My kids are so jealous :-)
Oh she is so cute! And I love the name Lola!!
She's SOOOOOO PRETTY, Carly! I cannot explain how much I LOVE Basset Hounds! They are so freakin cute! I love the droopy faces, and they're such nice dogs!
I wish you lived close to me so our doggies could be friends!
Post a Comment