Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ewww!


I just wanted it on the record that my husband, whom I truly do adore, consumed a sandwich tonight. Not that big of a deal, just a turkey, cheese and mayonnaise sandwich. The problem? The mayo was expired. How expired you ask? Try SEVEN MONTHS!! Not only that, but he DIDN'T notice!! I went in the kitchen after he had already eaten and saw the mayo and said, "I though I threw this out, I think it's super expired." I saw a look of concern in Levi's eyes and that's when I knew he had eaten some of it. Despite that concern, he insisted that it tasted, "just fine."
The best part? He started to put the mayo BACK INTO THE FRIDGE!!

Don't worry, I snatched the offending mayo out of his hand and threw it away. Could there be anything grosser than expired mayo? The thing is made of eggs and oil for crying out loud! I can't wait to hear him moaning and groaning tonight. Gotta love the man.

Gross, gross, gross.

4 comments:

Heather C. said...

love those science projects that hang out in the back of the fridge!

Anonymous said...

So what's the verdict?? was he doubled over all night or does the man have a stomach of steel??? :-)

Carly G. said...

Apparently his stomach is made of steel. I told mom this story and her reply was, "So what, he should be fine." Were we fed expired mayo as kids??
Just kidding mom, I love you!

grandma K said...

ha ha! You have scary feelings about what is in the fridge becasue I always made you clean it out when we were having company!!