Being both impulsive and a little crazy, I decided that I wanted my first craft to be a homemade tree that has old book pages as its leaves. The book made it seem simple enough, it just didn't say that it would take 30 man hours to do!!
I guess I'm exaggerating, it probably took about 9 hours to do (which was a welcome distraction to my obsessive election-day- coverage-watching on MSNBC. I started watching too early--like at 2:30pm--and by the time the polls actually closed I was going nuts!) The whole project came in under $11 and, though it isn't EXACTLY how I thought it would turn out, I'm pleased with the results. (Please forgive the pot's messiness, I forgot to wipe off the plaster of Paris that got all over it.)

7 comments:
This is sooo cool! I love it! You need to send me the instructions!
It's great! Which book did you use?
For the leaves, I mean.
I used an old John Grisham paperback. I still felt bad tearing the pages out....but it was for art! (crappy, makeshift art, but art nonetheless)
That looks so great! It still looks like too much work for me though :-)
awesome!! yeah, the time thing is the only problem with crafts... hence why i never continued with book-making, knitting, embroidery, my england scrapbook/photoalbum, and screenprinting, haha. i totally wanna check that book out though when i get back!
I think it looks really cool next to the purple wall. I'm going to have to check out that book.
Post a Comment