Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thank you family.

As many of you know, Levi and I have been trying to have a baby for some time now and we received great news on Christmas Day that we were most definitely pregnant, about 5 weeks along. This was fantastic news and seeing Levi cry with joy is something I will always remember. A few days ago I found out that the baby did not develop and I will be having a miscarriage. This was the most devastating news and I honestly haven't cried that much in my entire life. Without dwelling on the sadness of what happened, I found that I was surrounded by so many great people that all care about Levi and me so much. Within hours of finding out the bad news I had received phone calls and texts from just about everybody in my family and even received chocolate cake (thanks Heather!) and flowers (thanks Laurie!)
I've never felt so blessed to be a part of an amazing family and I really don't know what I'd do without them. If it weren't for all those expressing their love and support for us, I'd still be in bed filling up snotty tissue after snotty tissue. Thank you all so much. There just aren't words to express how much I appreciate you all.
As far as trying for another baby, we'd start trying again today if it were possible. We're both very, very anxious to try again and I'm more determined than ever to bring a healthy, happy baby into this world. Nothing is going to stop us. Thanks heavens for Clomid and other fertility drugs!
My sister Heather posted a blog that included these wise words, "If there were no night, we would not appreciate the day, nor could we see the stars and the vastness of the heavens. We must partake of the bitter with the sweet." I know that because of all the pain and sadness, it will be just that much more rewarding when we actually leave a hospital one day with a baby in our arms. Until that day I will not lose any hope and will continue to go in the direction we know we're meant to be.
I love you all,
Carly

6 comments:

Megan Marie said...

I was so sad to hear the news, but I'm thinking of you!!

Heather C. said...

*hug*
Hang in there!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie! We're thinking of you....

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking about you Carly! (and Levi too) hang in there and take care of yourself, gets lots of rest. I was thinking about the day YOU came home from the hospital, I got to carry you that day and help take care of you for the next week, you were so beautiful!! YOU will have beautiiful babies too! love you

Unknown said...

Our thoughts are with you too! Love, Amy

Anonymous said...

Carly, this is cousin Rachel (Allen) and I am a very big fan of your blog! I love your posts.

However, I was so sad to read this post. I was thrilled that you and Levi found out you were pregnant on Christmas day, and then so saddened by your miscarriage My heart breaks for you. I am thinking of you and Levi at this time.