Tuesday, March 31, 2009

First dance class...



...was a blast! For Levi's birthday we had dance lessons paid for us. It's done through the community center here in Boise and is 6 weeks long. Tonight we learned how to do the traveling waltz and the boxstep waltz. My head is still spinning, going "1 2 3, 1 2 3" Levi and I were laughing about the fact that we were both staring at our feet AND counting out loud and were still messing up. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it, with lots of practice. Next week we're learning the Foxtrot. I'm so excited!
Thanks again everyone for the wonderful birthday present!

P.S. Somebody should look at building a dance studio that doesn't have mirrors all over the place. Nothing like seeing your fat sweaty butt spinning around at all angles. It's just not kind.

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

Yay! I'm so glad you like it! I bet you were the cutest couple there. (No, I'm not being sarcastic)

LaurieJ said...

It sounds so fun! I wish I could watch you :-)
The picture of you and Levi is awesome. They really taught you some moves for a first lesson ;-)

Michelle said...

What a blast! I was just looking up adult ballet classes online. Wish you were here to try this adventure with me! I'm a coward.