Saturday, May 30, 2009

Updates.

We scored a terrific hammock! We went to about a dozen places and ended up buying the metal frame at Cabela's and the actual hammock itself from Target. Shopping around paid off and we ended up saving a lot of money. Yes! The hammock is wonderful. I'll have Levi take a picture of me in it for the blog. It's my new favorite spot to hang out.
This week I had a nasty cold that luckily didn't turn into pneumonia like it did for my niece and nephew up here. I was down for the count regardless and didn't get anything accomplished this week. I needed to get my oil changed, get my car aligned and get my tires rotated. Did I get any of that done? Nope! Oh well. There's always this week I suppose :)
We had an appointment at the OBGYN on Friday. They did an ultrasound to look at my ovaries and follicles and make sure everything looked ok. We have an appointment set up for Tuesday for our first round of artificial insemination, or IUI. It's naturally a lot less expensive than IVF, but it's still pricey nonetheless and we're definitely hoping for results. Wish us luck!
That's all for now. I'm just getting ready for work and then I have tomorrow off. Maybe I'll do some laundry. Woo hoo!

5 comments:

LaurieJ said...

Forget the laundry! Grab a good book and head for the hammock!
Good luck Tues. we will be praying for you!

Heather C. said...

Sending baby vibes your way! I want an infant to hold next spring!!

grandma K said...

Hey Levi, do they give you magazines or are you just on your own?

grandma K said...

I guess that might have sounded too personal but Gordon and I went through that when we were trying for Carly and it was crazy!!!

Carly G. said...

Ha! Mom, you crack me up! Yes, they provided magazines, including Sports Illustrated!?
They also had DVDs, but we won't go there....

Love you!