Friday, September 4, 2009

Bad Behavior


I want to take a minute and talk about some bad behavior that I find reprehensible.
First, who are all these parents pulling their students out of school because our President was addressing them. Excuse me? He's the PRESIDENT. Kids are always stoked about things like that. I remember when George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton addressed students when I was in elementary school and we thought it was the coolest thing in the world. I would have DIED of embarrassment if my mom marched into my school and demanded I be pulled from class, just because she didn't vote for Clinton. What kind of an example are these people setting for their kids? I am just appalled by this behavior. There is no excuse for it. Grow up and deal with the fact that a man you didn't vote for is in office. There is nobody who detested George W. Bush more than me, but I would never have pulled my kid from school if was giving an address to the students, I'd tell them how excited I was that they got to hear from the President of the United States. In fact, I'd never let my kid know that I didn't like him. It's not anything they need to be concerned with. Kids already have a lot on their plate and we don't need to add to that stress by forcing our politics on them. Let them figure out who they want to vote for, when the time comes. Sheesh people, grow up.
Second, LaGarrette Blount is an embarrassment to college football. So BSU kicked your butt last year and this year, so you ran for negative five yards, so a BSU player celebrated in front of you: this is no excuse for sucker punching a BSU player and attacking the fans in the stands. What a great example for the kids. Hopefully Oregon does the right thing and suspends him indefinitely.

Now here's something that will cheer me up (all Sportscenter commercials cheer me up)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

No kidding! Kids are going to remember that they SAW the President, not what he said (for those who are worried about his agenda.) There's no way he's going to get up there and tell all the kids to do drugs or something. Good heavens! I didn't vote for Obama, and I don't like him but I'm not taking my kids out of school either. Speaking of cheering up, I've got 2 you tubes that made me think of you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnZhi5gaX8g

There's also a funny song called the Acne Song.

Heather C. said...

I think it's perfectly fine for your kids to know your political views, as long as you're behaving and showing respect. Just my opinion...

Carly G. said...

That's true Heather, I think my problem is that those people are making their views known to their kids, but in a disrespectful, inappropriate way.
And Michelle, thanks for the clips!!

grandma K said...

I am shocked by people who won't let their kids listen to a speech by the President. What's wrong with them???? I think they are all just really racially prejudiced but don't dare admit it to their friends etc. I don't know the answer, I'm just floored!