Monday, September 28, 2009

Busy, busy

I cannot believe how busy this week has been. I've been racing from one place to another, letting the house turn into a disaster area. Seriously, there is a pile of laundry that I pulled out of the dryer that has sat in the same spot for a week. A WEEK! What is wrong with me? I need my mommy up here.
It's fall here in Boise, the leaves are changing and it is beautiful. Every fall I have to talk myself into not getting too bummed that the summer is over and try to look forward to things like buying new sweaters and using our fireplace. On a side note, I do find it weird how beautiful dying leaves are as they change color. Where else in nature is something dying a beautiful thing?
On a lighter note (LOL), we've been taking the dogs to the off-the-leash park lately. It's basically a huge bowl-shaped area that was once a BMX track, but is now a giant field where dogs can run around and chase birds, lizards, etc. Here's some pictures of it taken off the city's website (they do NOT do it justice):



Buster and Morty love it and this time of year it's especially beautiful to be in the Boise foothills. I definitely miss the mountains in Utah, and I spend plenty of my vacation time there staring at them, but I've grown to love so many things about Boise. I can't imagine living anywhere else at this point in my life.
What else....oh yeah. We watched a terrifying movie the other night. I love scary things and Levi and I have always bonded over our love (?) of zombies (we watched Shaun of the Dead on our second date and the original Night of the Living Dead on our third date) so when we heard there was a Spanish zombie movie we were all over it. It's called REC and it is SCARY! At one point I had my cat Oliver sitting on my and I jumped so hard he flew off me, but not before brandishing his claws and giving me a good scratch. I love getting spooked, I have no idea why. I set up a table at B&N of scary book recommendations and had a blast doing it. I talked to other booksellers and got their input on what they're favorite scary story is. I especially like older, short horror stories. I have a compilation of Poe-like stories that is just chilling.
What else, what else....I know anyone who really knows me knows that I have a big news, but I just can't bring myself to come out and announce it on the blog yet. I need to wait just a little bit longer....I'm too scared of jinxing myself. Thank you though for all of the prayers, love and support that have come our way over the past year and a half. It's been incredible to witness. Thank you all so much!

Well, I'm off to pick up Heather. We're going to lunch now. Blue Sky Bagels anyone? Another perk of living in Boise ;)

4 comments:

Heather C. said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your secret big news!

I'm not jinxing you.

Michelle said...

I'm still freaked out about "The Sixth Sense." That shows you what my tolerance is for scary movies. Glad you have Levi to watch them with! Poor Jason can't get me to watch anything worse than Jurassic Park with him!

Heather C. said...

Sixth Sense was the scariest movie EVER MADE. I almost started crying while we were in the theatre.

Anonymous said...

I hate the sixth sense too, but anytime its on tv I can't stop watching it! So happy about the "what else,what else" Carly! love you!