Friday, August 27, 2010

Bittersweet Day



27 years ago today, my dad passed away. Today, at 9:00am we saw our baby's heartbeat for the first time. I can't help but think that the two are connected. I have felt such tremendous love through our fertility process and now I actually feel like there's an unseen hand (attached to big muscly arms that gave great hugs) that is helping us as well.
Levi is 100% sure that we're going to name our baby Gordon if it's a boy. I'm still on the fence about that one....I'm not sure we'll cool enough to pull that name off yet :) We are absolutely ecstatic for this child, and I know I must really be pregnant because I've already thought, "Wait! Are we sure we're actually ready to have a child??" As if these last two and a half years of trying to get pregnant didn't happen. LOL!
Thank you to everyone who has helped us through this process, whether it was an encouraging email, a hug or even a donation towards our fertility process. You are all so amazing and this child will most definitely know how much everyone cared.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

4 comments:

LaurieJ said...

I definitely vote for Gordon Gates! Just throw in a strong scottish middle name like Calan and he's all set!! Yep. I definitely like the sound of it :-)
Congrats!!

Laura said...

I have chills all over my body! Congrats, Carly! I vote for Gordon too, you're definitely cool enough to pull it off!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Carly!!! I'm happy for you guys. :)

Tonia Z said...

wow... CONGRATS!! So glad to hear of your success!