

Last night, Levi and I saw Social Distortion play and it was as good of a show as I've ever seen them play. Seriously, those guys only get better with age. Mike Ness looks so good, there must be a portrait aging away in some attic in southern California, because that man does not look any different than he did ten years ago. Any band who can cover Johnny Cash, Rolling Stones, Kitty Wells, and so many others, as well as write some of the best original rockabilly/punk is just fine in my book.
Everything was great, except for the part when Levi and I were just enjoying the show and two drunk girls started fighting in front of us and threw beer all over us. That was fun, let me tell you.
They played all of my favorite songs (actually, they could have picked any of their songs and they would have been my favorite.) I especially liked them playing "Making Believe" and "Reach for the Sky".
If you have a chance to check them out, I highly recommend it. I hope to take Ryan one of these years (and we'll make sure we're not next to the drunk, fighting chicks!) No cameras were allowed, otherwise I could have got some great pictures we were so close to the stage.
Here are two of their best songs:
Oh yeah, here's an acoustic version of Bad Luck that's on a DVD that we have. I love it!
1 comment:
But sitting next to the drunk fighting chicks would probably be half the fun for a teenage boy :-)
Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment