Saturday, August 7, 2010

Redfish Lake and a busy, busy summer!


A week ago we went to Redfish Lake and had an amazing time. My mom came up to Boise on Thursday, we left early Friday morning and came back Sunday evening. It was absolutely perfect (with the exception of the random rain delay, which caused us to have to wait a couple of hours before we could go to the beach.) We ate like gluttons, got lots of sleep and took in plenty of sun (well, I did. Levi likes to hide under his little beach umbrella.)
After we came home, my mom and I went around town getting her ready for her move up here next month. She got a new account set up at a local credit union, found a storage unit and lots of other move-ready details. We can't wait to have her here! Now we just need to get rid of our couch and cushy chair to make room for her sectional couch, which is much, much better!
A couple of weeks ago, Levi's mom moved back to Boise from Texas with her new husband Leo. Maria is such a sweetheart and it's fun to think that she's just down the road from us again. With Zane's mom moving here from San Jose a couple of months ago, the trifecta of mother's moving to Boise will be complete!
The last couple of weeks have been filled with getting ready for Levi's sister Avery's wedding. She's marrying Chris, her boyfriend of over three years, and we're so excited for the big day. Levi is performing the ceremony (with a license that was done through email, thankyouverymuch!) It's going to be a great day and Avery will make a wonderful wife! We bought Levi some new dress clothes and I think he's going to look sharp. I made him buy a vest because I think vests are awesome on guys, especially Levi. The dress that I bought a few months ago for the wedding is way too big for me now (a good problem to have, I suppose) but I'm just going to have to make do. I shopped around the mall yesterday to see if there were any dresses on sale and I have never seen so many ugly things in my life! What happened to the style out there!? Heather took her kids school shopping yesterday and said the same thing. The styles these days are just not flattering on anyone, and I'm not sure why stores keep stocking their racks with ugliness. Oh well.
Well, I'll try to keep the blog posts updated. It's just been a crazy, busy summer and it will be nice to relax when it's all over (although, the thought of fall and winter in Boise make me want to cry. Can we say Seasonal Affective Disorder!?)







P.S. Yesterday we celebrated Wilson's birthday at Heather's house, because he will be at Redfish Lake on his actual birthday next week. We had Wilson's favorite dinner (DELICIOUS pasta w/ chicken and cream sauce) and watched him ecstatically open his presents. Happy Birthday Lil' Wil!


(If you want to make a little boy happy, get him a Leatherman!)



Levi liked Wilson's new toy! Levi got his Red Sox tattoo touched up yesterday, hence the shiny plastic on his arm.



Eliza got cute new school clothes and I absolutely love this sweater!


1 comment:

LaurieJ said...

Ah! I can't wait to be there