I couldn't think of what to name this post and my brother Scott and I have been quoting the movie "Clue" a lot. So there you go.
It's been a, um, interesting week :)
I'll post more about that after 11:00am on Friday *wink wink*
Mostly this week has been dominated by what I call, "The Dining Room Table Drama." I fell in love with a mid-century modern dining set at an antique store and did something totally out of my nature: impulsively bought it, without taking ANY time to think it through. Anyone who knows me knows that for the past five years I haven't had an impulsive shopping bone in my body. All pleasure I got out of shopping has long since died. Or so I thought. I bought this dang dining room set on a whim, sold our fantastic butcher block table and four ikea chairs on Craigslist for next to nothing (by the way, if you want to know if you priced something too low, the answer is apparent when you receive sixty phone calls in less than eight hours.) Anyways, with our old table and chairs gone and the new table in, it turns out that I don't like the dining set. In fact, I HATE the dining set. The word "hate" doesn't actually begin to cover it. Much like an incident involving my sister Laurie and some red brick, I am physically ill when I see this inanimate object. (Again, this physical nausea is related to the news that I'll be more inclined to talk about after Friday, but is still very real whenever I see the table.)
This week did have some fun points too. A couple of days ago, we celebrated my belated birthday with my in-laws. Avery and I have birthdays two days apart, but with the wedding and everything else going on, we didn't get to celebrate with the Gates clan. We had some amazing BBQ at Brad's house and then we watched the DVD with the wedding photos on it with Chris and Avery. It was a great night.
Work has been interesting. As some of you have probably heard, B&N is in the midst of a buy-out and it's been a little bit weird. I'm confident that we'll be alright, especially since we're the only B&N in western Idaho, but it's still scary. I'm just trying to think positive and hope that the best will work out. It just has to.
My mom has had a bad week and any prayers that anyone could say for her would be very appreciated. Her back, which has always had issues, has been especially bad this week, reaching it's worst point yesterday when Laurie had to take her to the emergency care because she couldn't even walk. She's taking lots of meds to help with the pain today, and she's hoping to get into a doctor tomorrow to get a shot that will block the pain to the nerve in her back. I really hope and pray she can be seen as soon as possible and move on past this pain. She deserves better and I hate hearing her down like this. Again, if anyone reading this can just keep her in their thoughts it would be very appreciated.
Well, I better go. I have completely neglected doing any sort of laundry this week and it has finally caught up to me. I almost reached the "Wearing-swimsuit-bottoms-as-underwear" point, but I found an old pair under a pile of socks in my drawer. Success! I'll probably wait until Friday to update again. Until then I hope you all have a wonderful week!
4 comments:
Glad to hear that "Things" are still going well! I heard about your mom, I hope she's okay. My mother-in-law has severe problems with her neck for which she gets shots of botox every 3 months. Chronic pain is so frustrating. We'll be praying for her!
Ha! That is one of my very favorit-est quotes ever.
This table saga only gets funnier...glad I can laugh at your expense!
(Cold hot dog water with floaties sipped through a straw)
hope things are good on Friday!
By the way, I love this background!
Post a Comment