Friday, January 7, 2011

Growing up.

Having a child obviously means some growing up on the parents' part has to be done. This has been most clear this week as we prepare the baby's nursery. We've picked out the paint color, have a general theme in mind, and have spent many hours discussing what the baby might need vs. what the magazines of the world lead you to believe you need. Amidst all of these decisions, we've had to say goodbye to some of our past.

Goodbye pinup girl art and Social Distortion poster. You have served us well. I had the Social D. poster when Levi and I first met, so it's a somewhat sentimental item for me. (The green on the wall is the color we're going with. It's called 'Marsh Fern'.)

Goodbye Johnny-Cash-Flipping-The-Bird-Poster (which has moved with me to nearly every place I've ever lived.) Goodbye Red Sox Dunkin' Donuts Posters. We'll miss you.

Goodbye Nekromantix poster and creepy grim reaper light switch cover. (When my seven year old niece Sydney learned we were having a baby, she looked into the future nursery and said, "Do you think some of this stuff will scare the baby?" The answer is yes, and that's why it's being put away in the shed. LOL!) I bought Levi the Nekromantix poster after we had been together a few months. They're one of our favorite bands and I was so excited to give it to him. Funny how decor taste changes, isn't it?


Speaking of paint colors, we've decided to get rid of the awful teal color in our bedroom (I hated it the minute we put it on the wall, but it's taken a year and a half to get the motivation to change it.) The decision has come down to the top color called 'Twig Basket' and the bottom color called 'Mocha Accent.'
Yes, they are different colors and I'm going with 'Mocha Accent', which sounds delicious.


And for good measure (as well as motivation to start a diet the DAY this child is born) here is a 26 week picture of moi. It's fun having a belly, but the cats are discovering their lap space is slowly diminishing.

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

I love this post! The Johnny Cash picture has been a source of scandal and whisperings among the grandchildren for years. "Mom, did you know that Aunt Carly and Uncle Levi have a picture of a guy doing the 'F' sign with his finger?" And then they sneak up to look at it again. :)
I like the mocha paint too.

LaurieJ said...

I liked your teal paint! but anything with the word mocha in it must be great too.
Sydney will be relieved to know it's only sweet baby stuff going up :-)
I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!