Saturday, January 1, 2011

Twenty Eleven


I find that, when talking about the new year, I tend to say, "Two Thousand Eleven" and not, "Twenty Eleven." Saying it the second way sounds all futuristic, and since I still don't have a flying car, I don't think we've reached "the future" just yet :)
Levi and I had a great New Year's Eve. We went over to Chris and Avery's house and played games with them and Sevy and watched the countdown to the new year.
How time flies!!
I was looking up my blog posting from January 1st of last year and I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I get 2010 and 2009 mixed up all the time (like how I keep thinking that we went to Seattle this past summer to see the Sox play, but that was actually 2009 and 2008) and yet so much has actually happened in the past year that should separate it from it's predecessors.
The biggest thing, of course, was finding out we'd be having a little baby in 2011. The other big event was having my mom move in with us, which ended up being so seamless, it wasn't a big event at all!

I was reading my new year's resolutions from last year and I thought I'd see how I did:
1st up: Lose 20 lbs. I actually DID do this, losing 25 lbs over the summer, but, alas, it has all come back with this little baby inside of me! I'm excited to get back on the regimen and take control of my weight once the baby is born. At least I know it's possible!
2nd: Read more "classics". Ummmmm, yeah. This didn't really happen. There's a new film version of Jane Eyre coming out soon, so my goal is to knock that one out before we go see the movie. We shall see. I have a comfort level with my fiction and it's hard to branch out of it, even working in a bookstore hasn't cured me of this.
3rd: Keep a clean home. This became easy around, say, September when my mom moved in :) She is a clean freak and our house has never sparkled like it does now. Thanks Mom!!
4th: Appreciate what I have. I definitely did this throughout 2010. I've never been more grateful and more aware of blessings we have than this past year. To see the love and support we got when going though all our fertility treatments was overwhelming and I'll never forget just how lucky we are to be in the place we are. I don't take anything for granted and I hope I can teach that lesson to my daughter someday. We are so lucky and our lives are so good right now. I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

So here are a couple of my 2011 resolutions:
1. Enjoy my time with Levi before the baby comes.
We've been going on more dates and I hope to get a lot of time in with him before April. He is my best friend and I love every second I get to be with him. This year I'll also focus on making sure he understands how much I appreciate him, rather than bogging him down with a honey-do list everytime I see him.
2. Healthier eating.
Now that I'll be responsible for another life, nutrition is going to be even more important than ever. No more sabotaging myself with chocolate and soda! It is now all about water and oranges!
3. Take time to enjoy the little things.
If I continue to go at the rate I'm used to going, it will be 2050 before I know it and I'll realize that I was working with my head down the entire time. I need to slow down, take deep breaths, and enjoy all the beauty around me.

Well, I hope you all had a magnificent New Year's Eve/Day and here's to a happy, healthy and wealthy New Year!
Cheers!

1 comment:

grandma K said...

Great post! It never hurts to have a honey-do list, butwhen presenting it to husband, timing is crucial. Like not when they walk thru the front door from work. When is a good time? You decide!