
Holy crap!
My mom and Heather threw an amazing baby shower for me last Saturday. It was such a blast! Most of the Gates' clan and several friends were able to make it. Heather arranged to have it at the clubhouse at Harris Ranch and it was perfect! My mom made a great spinach and strawberry salad and Heather and her friend made delicious cupcakes. Julie brought awesome decorations and the whole thing just came together perfectly. People were invited to bring a package of diapers to be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift card to Asiago's and my friend Jill Millward, who made a beautiful quilt for my baby, won! I ended up with a large amount of diapers and I'm so happy to save that money that would have normally gone towards diapers. We played a couple of fun games and then I got to open all my awesome presents. There were so many and I was sweating trying to keep up! Thankfully my sister-in-law Sevy was there to help me keep track of who gave what gift so I can get thank-you notes out and Avery helped take some pics for me (I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of everyone who attended. I forgot to take any pics of Heather and my mom too!) Eliza and her friend Audrey helped keep everything organized and it was wonderful to take everything home and have it all nice and neat :)
Thank you to everyone who had a hand in the shower. I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people who are cheering me and the baby on. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be having a baby shower for my little girl, I wouldn't have believed it. It was almost exactly a year ago that we were told all the numerous things that were working against us having children and we honestly had started to give up hope. All those tears and all the pain we went through to create a baby has made me love this little girl more than I ever thought possible. I'm absolutely giddy at the thought of meeting her in a few weeks!
Thank you everyone.....I love you all so much!



2 comments:
What a fun party! This little girl is now officially ready to enter the world.
Are you kidding??? I WON!
Yahoo!
I am so glad you had a great shower and were spoiled will all those great gifts. I'm glad you like the quilt, it will look even better when it's all finished. I can't wait to get it to you so you can wrap little Alice up in it. She'll get dizzy looking at it! I love to think of the mom and baby as I make a little quilt.
Sorry I couldn't be there, I was so bummed, but I was thinking of you!
Post a Comment