
Our little angel, Hadley Finola Gates, was born just three days ago, on Saturday March 19, 2011 at 11:21 A.M. I decided to start this blog to detail the joy that is being her mother, and what a joy she's already been! I am completely besotted with her.
Let's start at the beginning: Hadley has been a long time coming. Levi and I decided years ago that we wanted a little one to add to our family. We thought this would be an easy enough thing, but it turns out that starting our family was going to take some time. After many tears and prayers we were finally blessed with a successful pregnancy. Levi's sister Avery's wedding was on August 9, 2010 and I had suspected then that I might be pregnant. Not wanting to get excited over nothing, I waited for two more days before taking a test that confirmed what we'd been waiting to hear for so long: We were going to have a baby join us in the spring!
I had a fabulous pregnancy, enjoying every second of it. At the end of December I was placed on bedrest, as working at such a physical job was taking it's toll on my body and I was very concerned I'd have the baby prematurely. I spent those three months of bedrest taking it easy and spending lots of time getting ready for the baby. It was wonderful.
I went into labor the night of Friday, March 18th (26 days before her due date) and twelve hours after checking into the hospital our little Hadley Finola was born. I can't believe how gorgeous she is! Her gorgeous dark brown hair, perfect little lips, and long fingers and toes were the first things we noticed when she was born. She has become more and more beautiful as each day passes.
I'm hoping to update this blog frequently, and some of the posts might be duplicates of posts made on our family blog, but this is really for Hadley. I want her to know how loved she is and how excited Levi and I are to start this journey as a family of three. We love you, Hadley Finola!
No comments:
Post a Comment