Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hadley's Here!


She's here!!
Hadley Finola Gates, our little angel, arrived on Saturday, March 19th at 11:21 a.m.
6 lbs. 6 oz. of pure perfection
19.5 inches long
Gorgeous brown hair, long fingers and toes and a great appetite!


Hadley wasn't supposed to be here for another 26 days, but that Supermoon was calling her name and she couldn't wait to make her arrival into our world! When I have a little more time I'll write about my labor and update what these first few days have been like. We are having the time of our lives with this little cutie and I'm so excited to finally be on this leg of life's journey.
Tomorrow I'll also be starting a blog dedicated to Hadley and our life with her. Some of the things I post on there might be repeats from this blog, but my main goal is to build a nice journal to give her someday (thank you blog world, for making blogs printable into book format!) So I'll post the link to that blog and you can feel free to check it out anytime!

Also, Hadley was diagnosed with Jaundice today, so we have her using a Bili-blanket today to help her fight it. We'll be taking her back to St. Luke's tomorrow to have her level's checked and we're hoping that by Thursday she'll be fine. You'd never know anything was wrong, she's just so dang happy....she's just super orange while she's happy :)

We love you, Hadley!!

P.S. Some people have asked about Hadley's name. Hadley means "field of Heather", which I thought my dad would have liked, and Finola is a traditional Irish name that we just loved, meaning "white shoulders." (Actually, we chose the English spelling of Finola, the Gaelic spelling is, as usual, a little difficult to comprehend.)