Thursday, March 24, 2011

Nothing Rhymes With Orange


Hadley's Bili-Blanket makes her look like a Glow Worm!


Our little Hadley has a lovely case of Jaundice and we've been treating it all week at home with the Bili-blanket, which isn't a blanket at all, but a U.V. pad we place on her back before swaddling her tightly. It's nice that she doesn't have to be admitted to the hospital to be treated, but it's been hard having her tethered all day. I can't wait to walk outside with her, get her in the stroller and get some fresh air. Tomorrow we're getting her levels tested again, followed by another pediatrician appointment, so we're hoping she's improved enough to do away with the bili-blanket.
She has been such an angel. She sleeps great and has a wonderful appetite. We are spoiled by how sweet she is. Last night she slept in great stretches and even let me take a little nap this morning. It was much needed and much appreciated!
Levi had to return to work early. To say I was sad about this is the understatement of the year. He was supposed to get five full days off, but his boss started calling almost immediately to see if he could come back early and Levi was finally pressured enough to return on Thursday, a full two days early. I knew that it was inevitable for him to return to work, but emotionally I wasn't ready (dang hormones!) and I had a pretty rough day missing him yesterday. I actually cried when he came home, I missed him so much.
My mom and Heather have been absolutely amazing help. My mom is so calming to the baby and I know Hadley and Mom will always have a special relationship. Heather has brought me lunch, watched the baby while I slept and so much more. I love these women so much. Thanks guys!
Well, I'm going to see if I can get Miss Hadley to poop. She hasn't pooped in 28 hours, but who's counting, right?

2 comments:

Heather C. said...

Oh, the lovely roller coaster ride of those first days home!
Hadley really is such a trooper about being wrapped in a non-cuddly bili blanket all day. What a sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of her! She just get cuter in every picture. Keep posting!