Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

BIG GIRL!!



On June 19th, Hadley turned three months old! We were in Utah for Grandma Allen's funeral, so I snapped her picture when we returned. I got the onesie sticker idea from one of the moms in my new mom's group and I love it! It will be fun to take her picture each month in a white onesie and watch her grow. Here are some three month factoids:

• Hadley has become more expressive this month than ever before. She loves watching people's faces and will lift her eyebrows if you lift yours. She has even found her laugh, which is hilarious to hear and makes my heart burst with love.
• She coos and babbles and will sing back at you if you sing to her. She loves when I sing "The Wheels on the Bus" and "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." Bonus points if I dance around and look stupid, she thinks it's funny.
• She has temporarily (hopefully) stopped sleeping during the daytime and then sleeping for a solid seven to eight hours at night, before waking up to eat. While I love the sleep, it's a little weird to have her be awake all day. She'll take a light nap if I drive her somewhere, or walk her in the jogger, but the minute we stop she's wide awake again. I hope she starts taking daytime naps again, if only to not get yelled at a bear cub posing as a baby from 6:00pm-8:00pm.
• She still loves her bath and now recognizes when it's bath time (the sound of the running water, the feel of the rug beneath her when I'm getting her undressed, etc.) She starts kicking her legs in excitement when she knows she's about to go into the nice, warm water.
• She's about to go up another size in diapers, from size 1 to size 2. It's weird that I'm already looking at the newborn and size 1 diapers and thinking how small they look. I remember when she was born how big all the other diapers looked. Speaking of diapers. There is absolutely nothing cuter than when Hadley gets out of the tub and her hair is wet and curly and she's just wearing a new diaper. So sweet!

Here's to my baby Hadley at three months. I can't wait to see what this next month brings!

No comments: