Monday, March 26, 2012

Hadley at Twelve Months


I have done a great job not bawling my eyes out watching this one year montage of her.

Well, this is it. This is the last time I get to post pictures of Hadders with her little onesie stickers. I can't believe the beautiful, funny little girl she has become. She has such a personality and she has made our lives so much fun.
At one year, Hadley is still crawling, but has shown the ability to stand unassisted. We bought her a Fisher Price corn popper that she can push and I'm thinking that she'll learn to walk using this as her "crutch." In the meantime, she is still fast as ever and can make a giant mess in about three seconds.
Here are some more twelve month Hadley factoids:

• She is still obsessed with Tangled and watches a little bit of it every day, when we're getting her ready for her nap or for bed time. She knows when the songs are about to start and will sit up and start dancing.
• She is front-facing her her car seat now, which I just found out might be a bit premature. Apparently toddlers can ride back-facing until they're two, but I don't know if we'll turn her around again. She seems fine facing forward, and current regulations say that she is ok this way, and I love being able to look in my mirror at her.
• She loves going for walks in her stroller around the block. We have our jogger that we can take on trails and then our little portable stroller that fits in my car. She does great in all of them. I recently bought an awesome backpack that we can start taking her out in, once the weather warms up a little.
• She is an expert eater and has tried all kinds of food. We're settling into a routine of toast and yogurt in the morning (that was Eliza's favorite breakfast her first few years.) She still loves her bottles, but we've switched to whole milk and she came off soy milk with no problem.
• She's developing her own language. She understands so much and is starting to form words. It's the cutest things I've ever seen.



See ya sticker!!


We cannot WAIT for this next year. We're getting a Zoo Boise pass and a Natatorium swimming pass for the summer, we have already established a fun Halloween tradition in the fall, and Christmas is going to be fabulous. I never knew life with a baby could be this fun. I'm always feeling scared that work is causing me to miss so much of her life, but the time I do get with her each day is so precious and fun. Levi and I are so blessed to have this special person in our house and I can't wait to see what the future brings. Happy first birthday, Hadley Finola!!



3 comments:

Heather C. said...

Isn't it wonderful to not buy formula!
I can't believe how fast this year has gone by, and I can't believe how thick and long her hair is!
She is a beautiful baby and such a blessing to our family. Happy birthday, Hadders!

bonnie j said...

Carly, she is just beautiful! You have done a wonderful job of journaling and taking incredible pictures of every step. When she is a teenager, she (and you) will treasure looking at all of this! I wish I had more of when mine were babies!

Michelle said...

She has luscious hair! If you'll forgive the term, she is such a sweet spirit! Congrats on not only surviving the first year, but LOVING and LIVING it!