Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thank you

For those of you who haven't heard, our dear dog Lola was hit by a car tonight and died minutes after the accident. It was a blessing that she went so quickly, but that doesn't mean it hurts us any less to lose her. Heather, thank you for rushing over and I hope that Eliza understands how sad I am that we can't go to See Spot Walk on Saturday. Well, enough about that...it just makes me too sad to even think about.

So....now for the giant elephant in the room:

Thank you so much to all the family in Utah that are helping my mom through this insanely difficult time in her life. Heather, Levi and I are absolutely dying to get down there and help out and we appreciate everybody in Utah chipping in and helping her get her feet on the ground. There is nobody in this world that has supported me and loved me the way my mom has and I'm so grateful for her opportunity to find peace and happiness. Please know that your helping and kindness is very appreciated.

Now, only two things are going to cheer me up tonight: Watching Joe Biden kick Palin's butt and re-watching the Red Sox beat the Angels. I think I'll attend to both now.




R.I.P. LOLA. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE YOU IN OUR LIVES. TRIPS TO HOME DEPOT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

5 comments:

Heather C. said...

So sorry, she was an awesome dog. It's amazing how attached to these animals we can get.

Anonymous said...

I know it sounds cheesy but she probably has had a better life in the last little while with you and Levi than she ever did before! She was a happy dog!

Laura said...

Oh! I'm so sorry, Carly! It really is like losing a family member. That's so awful, I'm really so sorry! I agree with the chick above me though - she had an awesome life with you guys and was loved a ton and was happy. That's all that really matters.

Megan Marie said...

I'm so sorry about Lola!! She seemed like such a fun dog, I love basset hounds.

Anonymous said...

I never met Lola but she seemed wonderful. Once we lost sammy for a few days and it was devastating, I can't imagine how it will be when he is gone. By the way Carly will you send my your current email address? I tried to send you something and it came back, also if you have Scotts I would appreciate that too! Thanks!