Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Plague!


You know that scene in The Ten Commandments when the plague rolls in as a fog and hits the houses that were not marked with lambs blood? Apparently we forgot to mark our door because we got hit with the stomach flu BIG time. It started with Hadley getting the 'rrihea, then it hit my mom, then Levi and finally me. I don't think my mom left the bathroom at all, the night hers hit.
I have been married to Levi for 6.5 years and the only time I have seen him down for the count is when he's had a surgery. Other than that, the man does not get sick. So seeing him hugging a toilet with all his might was very sad.
Last night it hit me and I spent a good part of the night in our guest bathroom, propped up in the corner, staring at the toilet, and being so grateful for the smooth tile keeping me cool. Doesn't Bill Cosby have a bit about that? About the toilet or the tile keeping him cool during a puking bout?
Needless to say, getting sick always teaches me a lesson about being grateful for our health. We are so lucky that we rarely get sick and we're lucky for insurance and modern medicine too.
I have to go now. Sitting at my computer for five minutes has wiped me out. I'm going to curl up in my bed and have weird dreams now. See ya later!

3 comments:

Heather C. said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCg68ZEyDU

Starts at 2:50. So funny!

Heather C. said...

"Thank you toilet bowl, thank you for being so cool. Toilet bowl, you're my only friend"

bonnie j said...

Poor babies...all of you! At least you are getting it all over with together! No fun that "puke flu bug!"