Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A successful trip to THE MALL

The sad thing is I don't even like shopping online anymore!


Today was the day I finally caved and spent some money on my work wardrobe. When I was skinny, I love shopping. I loved accessories, shoes, you name it. Now, I'm the grumpy woman who just wants, "some damn shoes that fit" and maybe a new pair of work slacks, if I'm feeling extra saucy. The only thing worse than shopping after gaining weight is shopping after having a baby. For some reason, shopping when I was just chubby was still a little bit enjoyable. Now that my body has morphed into this post-partum gelatanous state I find shopping as fun as a trip to the dentist.
BUT...I desperately need new work clothes; I've done all that I can do with my current wardrobe. My mom, who is the world's best companion to have when you go shopping, agreed to accompany me and keep Hadley entertained in her stroller. Here is the outcome of my trip:
1 Tearful breakdown in the Macy's dressing room when I realized that ten months after giving birth my body isn't even close to what I was hoping.
1 Pizza slice and breadstick eaten immediately after breakdown (the carbs taste so much better when you're sad.)
2 New bras from Kohl's (Buy 1 Get 1 Half Off...still cost a fortune in my opinion.)
2 Pairs of flats from Sears
1 light-speed diaper change in The Children's Place. Hadley peed through her cute onesie and leggings and had to go pantsless for a little while. Oops. Good thing the employees were busy ignoring us or they might have seen a half naked baby getting a super squishy diaper changed on top of their brand new shirt display. Don't worry, I didn't leave the diaper, though I seriously considered it.
1 black and white striped cardigan from JC Penneys.
1 *surprise surprise* black and white striped cardigan from Maurices (I really need to look at changing my style.)
1 pair of plain black pants from Maurices that claim to be "regular" length. These would be too long on Kobe Bryant, but luckily my mom is still magical with sewing and can hem them for me.
1 pair of size 3 silver shoes for Hadders since we realized her current size 2 pair was too tight when they left imprints on her fat feet.
5 total pieces of chocolate purchased from Sees candy, even though we only went in for the free sample. Darn those buttercream truffles!

Total time spent: 3.5 hours.
Even though two sweaters doesn't even begin to cover how much more I need for work, it's a good start and I appreciate Grandma Katie being such a trooper with me. Thank you Mom! You are the best! Now I need a nap (and some more Sees candy.)

1 comment:

miss gates said...

sorry you had a rough time shopping, but i have to say how much i love your writing style!! still think you'd have an awesome film review blog, or something of that ilk :)