

In the small chance that someone other than my sisters are reading this (love you guys!) I'll give a brief history of our married life thus far. Levi and I met in January 2005 on myspace (only slightly embarrassing) and haven't been apart since. I had moved to Boise in 2004, along with my sister Heather and her family and I can't imagine wanting to live anywhere else. Boise is amazing. I always say that it has everything you need and nothing you don't. That means we have all the things you want in a city-great restaurants, a beautiful college, parks, etc.-but without the hassle of $15/hr downtown parking (actually our downtown parking is still the cheapest I've seen in an urban city) Since moving up here I've always lived within a couple of blocks of the heart of downtown but Levi and I recently purchased our first home *yay!* and now we're a little farther away, but still close enough that we can ride our bikes downtown with no problem at all.
One of the things I love about Boise is the city's 'greenbelt.' It's a stretch of sidewalk that runs alongside the Boise River, which runs directly through the middle of the city. This makes it easy to get anywhere on foot or bike. I can hop on my bike and hit the greenbelt and literally be at Heather & Zane's house in a matter of minutes. There is nothing as beautiful as the Boise River in the summer. To help illustrate my point I posted a couple of picutres that I snapped while riding along the greenbelt a few summers ago at the top of this posting (again, this river is in the MIDDLE of the city!)
Let's see...what else? I've been working for over a year at Barnes & Noble as a department manager and I LOVE it. I spend my day surrounded by gorgeous books and I work with people that are as into pop culture as I am. Levi is busy managing the detail shop M-F and works on the weekend building bikes for George's Bicycles. That job has given us the opportunity to expand our bike fleet, in fact Levi is bringing my new bike home today. It's a red Specialized mountain bike that was discounted heavily because it was a slow seller. Luckily for us Heather and Zane and their kids are avid bike riders so we are always busy riding somewhere in the summer.
As I mentioned above, we bought our first home at the end of last month and it's been amazing--as well as extremely stressful. Without going into too much detail, since moving into this place I have quickly become an expert in things like drywall and plumbing. Knock on wood, nothing else goes wrong this year!
Well, I guess that about does it for today. I'll be updating this blog regularly and hopefully I can make my page as fun and cute as my sister Laurie's blog.
Until next time...
xoxo
1 comment:
Shhhhhh...we don't want toooo many people knowing how awesome Boise is! :)
Post a Comment