Thursday, January 31, 2008

Snow day

It has been snowing like CRAZY in Boise! Yesterday was a snow day for all the schools, including the college because of the bad roads. Today actually looks worse than yesterday! Not to sound like a Way-back-when-er, but when I was growing up in Utah we only had one snow day during my entire 12 years in public school and that one day was because the snow literally went to almost the tops of fences. You couldn't get ANYWHERE.  Now it seems like they call snow days more often, but that's probably a good thing. People shouldn't be risking their lives just to drop their kids off at school. 
Anywho, I'm so excited for Saturday because we get to go see Barack Obama! He'll be here at 8:30 am on Saturday morning at BSU. The entire town is abuzz with excitement. Levi will try to be there but I'm going with Sevy and probably meeting up with a bunch of people from my work. What a cool opportunity! Then the caucus is on Tuesday and I'm hopefully switching my work schedule so I can be there. I LOVE election season!!
I'm also excited because my mom will be coming up here in a couple of weeks with my niece Carlie Paige! They're coming up for Eliza and Levi's birthdays and I'm so happy. I wish we knew someone that owned a plane so we all could travel back and forth to Utah with no problem. Actually, I don't mind the drive to Utah at all. I especially love it when I get to take Eliza with me. She is the BEST travel companion. She brings her dolls & stuffed animals and usually listens to a DVD. It's so nice just having someone else in the car and she always has funny stories to tell. Maybe I'll kidnap her if we ever decide to drive to Texas to see Levi's mom & aunts & uncles :)
Well, I better go...the house is dirty and the litter boxes need changing. Ewwwww!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are days that I would risk my life to drop my kids off at school :-) Carlie is so excited to come up! Obama was supposed to be here Saturday but cancelled because of Pres. Hinckley's funeral

Heather C. said...

Yahoo! Love that snow! I, personally, can't get enough of it!

Michelle said...

Hey, wait a few months and we can hook you up with freeish flights...you know Jason's training to be a commercial pilot right? Sometimes he flies up to Boise in a small 4 seater. I've been wanting to come up with him. We're waiting for safe weather.